Talk

Advanced search

Gym tops for the long and apple shaped of body

(8 Posts)
SmurfPants Mon 27-Mar-17 18:50:02

I'm long in the torso and also apple shaped. Where can I get t shirts for the gym that don't make me look like I'm about to give birth? Is that even possible?

SmurfPants Mon 27-Mar-17 19:42:10

I know it's dull but... anyone?

RiverdaleJughead Mon 27-Mar-17 19:43:16

Sorry I don't really know specifically for your shape but my favourite sports clothes come from GAP, misguided, New balance and Nike x good luck !

SmurfPants Mon 27-Mar-17 20:53:02

Do any of those brands do longer t shirts? I think gap used to be on the long side IIRC.

Pistachiois50pmore Mon 27-Mar-17 21:05:21

I'm similar to you and I found the thing that made a bigger difference than a long top was a high waisted gym trouser that holds you in a bit. I wear Nike high waist pants, a Nike Sports bra or Ivy Park vest, then any t-shirt you like over the top.

SmurfPants Mon 27-Mar-17 21:18:32

Ah ok, thanks for the tip.

carrie74 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:14:12

I wear quite a lot of Gap sportswear, definitely go for high waisted (love mine for yoga), and I wear a loose vest from Gap which is hip length on me.

I find a lot of the time it's trial and error, although I'm happy with everything I've ever had from Sweaty Betty and Lululemon...

SmurfPants Mon 27-Mar-17 22:30:06

Great, I've just ordered two tshirts from gap - they look fairly long in the photos.

My stupid body shape is further complicated by shorter than petite legs hmm but I see sweaty Betty have petite in some styles. I'll have to try them on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now