Talk

Advanced search

Helix piercing

(13 Posts)
zippyswife Mon 27-Mar-17 17:30:46

So I'd been half considering this and then after reading a thread on here I decided to do for it (so easily lead) can I pick any stud/ring? Or am I likely to find that there's just a couple of crappy basic ones to pick from (just recalling getting my lobes pierced 30 years ago). Is there anything else I need to know in advance? And anyone got any recommendations of where to go in London?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 27-Mar-17 17:48:50

My 14 (nearly 15yo) DD has hers done - in London , Metalmorphosis is highly recommended ( ground floor TopShop on Oxford St and Hackney branch)

DD couldn't have hers done there, she's under 18, I searched a local one.
She's going to have hers changed at Easter.

DD was adviced a stud rather than a ring to begin with, so of course she's getting fed up with it now and desperately wants to change it!
She's getting a labrette until it settles enough (hers has been 3 months)

And BTW, DD is an utter whuss but she wanted it done, she said it was easier than her gun pierced lobes (Cartiliges need a needle )

Good Luck wink

zippyswife Mon 27-Mar-17 17:56:56

Thank you! Could she pick any stud? Or did it need to be from a certain range?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 27-Mar-17 21:55:56

We didn't have hers pierced at MM (due to age restrictions there) she was more or less given the stud that the piercer thought most suitable ( bear in mind she has smaller finer ears than an adult and it had to be more 'low key' for school etc). She has a silver toned stud, large back.

I did ask about hoops but because of the risk of swelling and catching, the simpler stud was suggested.

There was a woman in MM choosing studs to pierce with (not helix but going up the side / outer ridge) the piercers spent a good while discussing what would be better for for.

The early ones are the important ones to let them heal, then I'm buying DD a titanium/gold labret and later titanium/gold hoop and that is it grin . The girl bankrupts me!

Lifestakingitstoll Mon 27-Mar-17 21:57:28

Mine didn't hurt, you can use any stud, or ring you like

Lifestakingitstoll Mon 27-Mar-17 21:58:09

Not a ring for piercing obviously but after it's healed

WidowTwonky Mon 27-Mar-17 22:18:40

Had mine done in Jan (not in London btw). Have to keep my stud in for a few months - he recommends I go back in summer for a ring if I want

SerenityNow00 Mon 27-Mar-17 22:19:31

Maria Tash in Liberty is great and has a good selection of really pretty earrings to choose from, but is £££

GrimDamnFanjo Tue 28-Mar-17 00:37:23

Nicole at lovehatesocialclub did my helix and conch. You can find her as nicolewklp I think on iinstagram. Very good piercer and lhsc has great jewellery in stock from BVLA, Neometal, etc. I have a rose gold sparkly disc in my conch and a rose gold feather in my helix.

zippyswife Tue 28-Mar-17 11:49:42

Thanks for all the advice. I'm so excited about getting it done. I read about love hate social club on a blog and after your recommendation grim I'm going to go there as it's near work too. Itching to get it done!

GrimDamnFanjo Wed 29-Mar-17 00:40:06

Ooh Zippy pls say hi to Nicole from me. She is so lovely. My forward helix was done elsewhere and was a right mess, she was brilliant at sorting it out.

tangledyarn Wed 29-Mar-17 03:46:37

I had mine done a month ago. Have a ring and it's fine. Can't sleep on it but otherwise it doesn't hurt and i love it.

zippyswife Wed 29-Mar-17 19:16:48

Thank so for the advice. I phoned to book and while chatting I checked if I could get the piercing before my holiday when I'll be swimming a lot- she advised against it. So now I have to wait!! So gutted I was desperate to get it done. I might try to get it done while I'm in Brighton- so any recommendations for there would be welcome if not I'll wait and get it done at the love hate social club.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now