Talk

Advanced search

I don't know what to wear any more

(10 Posts)
palebluesky Mon 27-Mar-17 16:53:41

Help!

I am a part time teacher (secondary) and also have a business working with preschool children.

I'm really struggling with looking professional. I look awful in trousers - they just seem to swamp me (I am 5'2) and make my legs look huge. I think I suit dresses more but where to buy comfortable dresses of a decent length that don't cost a fortune? Any ideas?

palebluesky Mon 27-Mar-17 19:34:52

Hopeful bump smile

Misericord Mon 27-Mar-17 19:37:17

Watching with interest...

Bodicea Mon 27-Mar-17 19:48:49

Dorothy Perkins do lots of nice inexpensive dresses

PeanutJuice Mon 27-Mar-17 19:51:18

I had this problem recently. Restocked my wardrobe with oasis, warehouse and Dorothy Perkins dresses, next trousers (I'm 5 2 and they for me really well) and blazers from H&M!

margaritasbythesea Mon 27-Mar-17 20:21:30

I find boden dresses in a skater shape very useful, although I don't have that particular one. They have a few that are similar. Look out for sales and codes. Sometimes you get sales and codes together.

Asos also do this sort of dress which looks very useful to me, although I haven't tried it.

The Becca dress from Phase Eight looks good too.

I love workwear. Sigh. Not working at the moment and I struggle much more with casual wear.

margaritasbythesea Mon 27-Mar-17 20:31:41

Warehouse have some nice ones too.

dinosaursandtea Mon 27-Mar-17 20:51:57

White Stuff are terrific - work appropriate but also fun, and their dresses are great for those of us of a shorter stature. wink

mangomama91 Wed 29-Mar-17 10:18:29

Have you tried H&M? They normally have some lovely dresses suitable for work ☺️

PonderLand Wed 29-Mar-17 11:19:07

I've just bought some nice dresses on oasis, they're have some nice day dresses. Not sure if they'd be suitable for work though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now