Talk

Advanced search

Shampoo- is it all basically the same bar perfumes?

(12 Posts)
PollyPerky Mon 27-Mar-17 10:30:22

Just musing...

I've recently changed my shampoo and wondered (excepting organic ranges and SLS free) if it's all smoke and mirrors?

I've used everything from the pricey (Aveda and Philip Kingsley) to Herbal Essences.

I don't see a huge difference.

All the 'stuff ' they are supposed to have in from mango fruit to white tea picked by virgins at dawn.... surely it's all a load of chemicals to provide a smell and the actual raw ingredients (fruit, leaves, whatever) is a minute amount, just so they don't break trade descriptions?

Niminy Mon 27-Mar-17 10:51:56

Yes.

QueenofallIsee Mon 27-Mar-17 10:54:29

Some shampoos are horrible on my hair, they make it limp and greasy so I guess there must be SOME differences!

BlueFolly Mon 27-Mar-17 11:42:53

Yes, there are differences, but I don't find cost to be an indicator of quality. Best shampoo is Pantenne and have tried everything - Oribe etc downwards!

QueenofallIsee Mon 27-Mar-17 12:02:24

Pantene makes my hair rank! Best shampoo is Aussie

BreatheDeep Mon 27-Mar-17 12:04:12

Best on mine is Head and Shoulders! Never expected that.

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Mon 27-Mar-17 12:09:50

I think they must have some differences some leave my hair feeling light and soft, others greasy to touch and my hair feels a lot heavier

Best for me L'Oréal elvive ( red bottle, coloured hair )

Worst herbal essence

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 27-Mar-17 12:41:25

No, I used to think that then I switched to a better product and my hairs very sleek & shiny now.

bruffin Mon 27-Mar-17 12:42:23

Pant

bruffin Mon 27-Mar-17 12:42:44

Pantenne is awful

bruffin Mon 27-Mar-17 12:43:14

And i live Herbal essenses

PollyPerky Mon 27-Mar-17 13:03:09

Pantene gave me an itchy scalp. As did Elvive after a while.
Aveda was good but not worth £20 a bottle.

Aussie mega has been my staple for ages but felt my hair was still a 'tacky' after a couple of days and as if the conditioner weighed it down(it's not greasy) .

Now swapped to herbal essences white tea detox.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now