Talk

Advanced search

Wedding guest dress for preggo fatty

(5 Posts)
harrietm87 Mon 27-Mar-17 10:27:36

Help! I'm 5 weeks pregnant (delighted after 2mcs). I have a wedding to attend when I'll be 10 weeks and my outfit already doesn't fit! I was a size 10 but now so bloated, swollen boobs and feel hideous. I'm guessing it will be too early for maternity wear so I need a stylish yet tent-like style to disguise my jelly belly (we won't tell until after 12 weeks). I'm usually a kind of inverted triangle/pear shape (tall, broad shoulders, tiny waist, chunky legs) so am used to showing off tummy area as my best feature and don't really know where to start.

mycatloveslego Mon 27-Mar-17 10:49:13

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm 37 weeks and had a formal function to go to when I was 8 weeks and really bloated, so I can imagine how you feel! My bloating did settle around week 12, so there's a chance yours might get better giving you more options. If not, perhaps one of the following;

1. Maxi dress +/- Bolero style jacket or cardigan. If you're tall, a maxi will elongate you

2. Wrap dress in jersey material

3. Something like the Charlotte dress from Pepperberry- it's a bit more structured but can accommodate bigger boobs, smaller waist and is pleated to hide any jelly belly!

Good luck- I hope you find something.

harrietm87 Wed 29-Mar-17 03:20:57

Thanks so much mycat! Really good advice. I think maxi dress is probably the way to go. Is it ok to wear Spanx when pregnant?

mycatloveslego Wed 29-Mar-17 10:45:57

I don't think there's any medical reason not to wear Spanx, but only if you're comfortable in them.

knowler Wed 29-Mar-17 11:27:46

I wore this when I was 7 months pregnant and pretty enormous!! It is gorgeous and due to the draping etc you won't need any spanx. It should also fit you throughout the duration of your pregnancy and probably afterwards too: Seraphine maxi dress

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now