Talk

Advanced search

Help! Brow wax reaction

(7 Posts)
bitofabelly Sun 26-Mar-17 14:59:15

Ok, so I've had a brow wax..they waxed about brow line...now I have this reaction...itchy red spots...I have an event early this week...how can I conceal them...or make them less angry...the brow bar just did them... only put wax on my wrist for temp control...I've obviously had a reaction. I'm on no medication or had any Botox etc as asked on the form.

bitofabelly Sun 26-Mar-17 15:00:00

Pic attached

RiverdaleJughead Sun 26-Mar-17 15:00:54

Cold water and anti histamines

KoolKoala07 Sun 26-Mar-17 15:04:57

If you had above and below brow waxed, It would be unusual to have a reaction just above. It's common to get spots if it's an area that you don't normal have waxed. You could use a cold compress, cooked aloe Vera and try not to touch them. Make up is not recommended over waxed areas for 24 hours. But if the redness is still there and you need to conceal it I would do so with makeup. It's very unusual for a client to be allergic to wax.

KoolKoala07 Sun 26-Mar-17 15:05:20

*cooled aloe not cooked!

thedaffsareout Sun 26-Mar-17 17:26:08

I had very similar on my legs, I'd been having them waxed for years then developed an awful red, bumpy rash with associated itching.
Oral antihistamines, nothing perfumed and bags of frozen peas (wrapped in a tea towel) sorted it within 48 hours.

bitofabelly Tue 04-Apr-17 22:01:01

Meant to say thanks everyone...took antihistamine and applied Aloe Vera constantly, so everything died down before family event. Thank you!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now