We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

no more blonde highlights, what to do to next? ideas please

(12 Posts)
Almondmilk Sat 25-Mar-17 19:50:56

I have dark brown hair and I have always been blond-ish thanks to highlights or diy hair boxes. It works as I have a fair skin. I have stopped diy though, only go to the hairdresser now. I wanna stay blond-ish but I don't know what else to try to blend well my natural colour and the blonde bits. Any idea?

greeeen Sat 25-Mar-17 19:54:42

I went for balyage ?(no idea how to spell that) a few moths ago and love it. No where near as much up keep and you can still have the blonde. I had a toner put on mine to make it slightly auburn that gradually fades back to blonde.

greeeen Sat 25-Mar-17 19:55:05

My hair is also dark brown btw

Almondmilk Sat 25-Mar-17 19:55:41

greeeen good idea, I wonder why haidresser never offer me to do a balayage, always highlights!

Lucked Sat 25-Mar-17 19:59:45

I have mid brown hair and have always been blonde by highlights, I have gone back to a more natural colour at the hairdressers suggestion and it looks so healthy and growing in so well. I have a handful of highlights and the old highlights in my hair mean there us lots of tones in my hair. The guy really did know what he was doing - he actually suggested it, just took one look at my hair and said it my old look wasn't working for me.

greeeen Sat 25-Mar-17 19:59:45

Maybe because you don't have to have it done very often so they get less ££? I plan to top mine up after 5 ish months versus 2 max for highlights.

greeeen Sat 25-Mar-17 20:01:56

Oh and the toner to put the auburn colour backbone is only £10 where I go. Much less than even a all over root touch up.

greeeen Sat 25-Mar-17 20:02:18

Back in* bloody auto correct

imjessie Sat 25-Mar-17 20:16:19

Balayage , it's the best thing ever , no obvious regrowth and very flattering . I must stop telling people though because we are all starting to look the same 😬😬

Almondmilk Sun 26-Mar-17 15:54:14

I feel like my hair is too dark for balayage, my roots are dark brown and my skin very pale. I wonder if it can work. Do the roots need to be natural for a balayage?

Aridane Sun 26-Mar-17 15:57:29

What is balayage?

imjessie Sun 26-Mar-17 16:27:24

There are loads of variations , it doesn't have to be a strong blonde , just lighter bits . Have a look on Pinterest .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now