Talk

Advanced search

Oh God, Johnny....leave me ALONE!

(13 Posts)
EleanorRigbysNeice Sat 25-Mar-17 14:27:25

I'm buying nothing more from Boden. I have to accept I am the wrong shape. I just wish they'd stop sending catalogues and mithering with 20/30/40% off codes. I've either charity shopped or given away most Boden buys in the past. And yet, I keep falling for it; those glossy haired 20 somethings with boyish physique.

thatcatpigeon Sat 25-Mar-17 14:33:19

Totally agree, Johnny is a PITA (and an evil svengali wink).

Everything I have ever bought from Boden looks shit on me. Be strong OP & step away, he is selling you lies I tell you (plus it is all a bit middle aged and 'fun' prints etc when you think about it, there is so much other lovely stuff out there).

PollyPerky Sat 25-Mar-17 15:27:43

well sorry but my wardrobe is 75% boden. I'm not boyish. I have an 8-10 hourglass ish figure. But I am middle aged. I like the basics - knitwear and plain trousers.

EleanorRigbysNeice Sat 25-Mar-17 16:14:38

I'm middle aged too. But, am a 14 and I find the dresses look like overalls on me.

ThatCat... I will resist and look elsewhere.

CarrotCakeMuffins Sat 25-Mar-17 16:22:08

If you ask they will stop sending you catalogues. I still get millions of emails though, especially in the last week it seems.

goingmadinthecountry Sat 25-Mar-17 16:32:58

I asked not to get the Mini Boden catalogue. It still arrives. Bought a few things from there many years ago but dd1 is 23 now...

EleanorRigbysNeice Sat 25-Mar-17 16:38:46

Me too! DS is now 16. He used to live in their t shirts as a 6yr old but that was some time ago. I unsubscribed to their email and cancelled catalogues but STILL get mini and adult brochure 😐 They go straight into the recycling bin.

Mrs9C Sat 25-Mar-17 17:59:38

If I so much as LOOK at something on their website, that's it plagued with emails about that item angry that is SO annoying!

Tralalaland Sat 25-Mar-17 18:02:52

I phoned Johnny to ask him to just send me the one catalogue instead of in triplicate and since then I have never had a catalogue, a code, or an email. I think he has looked up my postcode and seen that I don't live in a naice area.

Guitargirl Sat 25-Mar-17 18:03:27

If you're that pissed off about it, I would call them up and threaten them with data protection - you want all your details deleted from their databases now. Or, you could just do what the rest of the world does with unsolicited mail and stick it unopened in the recycling.

ArieltheMermaid1720 Sat 25-Mar-17 18:06:01

I know exactly what you mean, I do love a bit of Boden but am trying not to spend money and then I get the sale email, extra 20%off and a voucher for £10 off, which just makes it rude not to buy anything!

NoAdventureNoTime Sat 25-Mar-17 18:19:29

...but have you tried their 7/8 trousers? They're awesome, and go with everything

Bantanddec Sat 25-Mar-17 22:11:55

I look like a sack of potatoes in boden

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now