Talk

Advanced search

Are these still in?

(15 Posts)
Goforit2017 Sat 25-Mar-17 07:33:20

I am sorting out my wardrobe. Shall I get rid or keep the following?
- maxi dresses x 2, love but not worn for at least two years
- cropped trousers, not worn for two years but seen some in the shops
- bootcut jeans, didn't really make a comeback did they?
- scarves, various
- waterfall jacket, smart, blue and white stripes
- bikers jackets x 3, worn them loads but not sure any more
- gilet, big puffy one, used to like, looks a bit dated now
What do you think?

FauxFox Sat 25-Mar-17 07:39:25

Try them on, look in mirror, do they make you feel happy? If yes keep and wear, if no charity shop pile grin

PovertyJetset Sat 25-Mar-17 07:42:10

Personally I would bin
Gilet - unless you're A gardener as they are great for that.
Bootcut jeans
Waterfall coat

Cropped trousers- how cropped??

Glittermakeseverythingbetter Sat 25-Mar-17 08:46:43

I think anything not worn for two years I would get rid of. Keep bikers as they never go out of fashion, unless they have a particular unfashionable look - I think you can just instinctively know whether their look is 'wrong' or not, and if so, maybe treat yourself to a new biker.
Gilet - I still have mine in the wardrobe but can't imagine ever wearing it again! Not sure it's even useful for the garden really.

Goforit2017 Sat 25-Mar-17 09:12:17

Yes the gilet is going!

BadToTheBone Sat 25-Mar-17 09:50:25

My mum shortened my favourite maxi dress and I charity shopped the others. Although I've never liked maxi dresses anyway.

EleanorRigbyRemembered Sat 25-Mar-17 09:56:02

If you look/feel good in it...keep (unless you've not worn for a couple of years).
I recently had a huge sort out. It felt liberating although, my wardrobe's a bit sparse now. But I did have loads of stuff not touched for years.

Floisme Sat 25-Mar-17 10:06:08

Two years is nothing shock

If you've got the space, I'd keep anything you still basically like, that's in good condition and fits. Some of the things on that list e.g. bikers, are still pretty current and there are loads of cropped trousers around although it might depend on where they're cropped. I wouldn't write off flares just yet either.

Besides, fashion designers have the collective memory of a small goldfish and they don't even bother 'tweaking' these days so anything on that list is likely to be around again very soon.

If I didn't have space, my personal cull list would be:
Maxi dresses - only wearable for about 3 days a year where I live plus, if they're viscose or modal, totally unforgiving.
Gillets - don't like them and don't see the point.
Waterfall anything.
The bikers ( I lusted after one for ages, only to discover they didn't really suit me.)
Scarves unless they're big and warm.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 25-Mar-17 10:06:36

Bootcut jeans are in!!!!! Dont throw them out. Everyone is like ...oh no..bootcuts no no no..but you will wear them. They are definetly making a comeback.

ZaraW Sat 25-Mar-17 10:49:06

Bootcuts have been trying to make a comeback hardly anyone wears them. I tried my old ones on and they felt really dated. I'd bin.

My scarves are really beautiful and were expensive I still wear mine but loose I don't tie them.

I hate waterfall cardigans and Gilets.

LoupGarou Sat 25-Mar-17 11:24:00

Could you refashion the clothes you don't like anymore? I've been doing it with a lot of my clothes and its great fun, there are loads of simple and easy ideas on Pinterest.
I've shortened a lot of my maxi dresses and I've just finished turning my waterfall cardigans into these sort of drapy tops. I am currently sewing everything by hand as the sewing machine and I have fallen out, but its still quick and good fun, unless you don't like crafts then it would probably suck.

Floisme Sat 25-Mar-17 11:46:17

Agree with never - if you're mainly thinking about trends, I really wouldn't get rid of bootcuts at this point. A new jeans shape always takes a few seasons to catch on. Anything could happen.

Goforit2017 Sat 25-Mar-17 13:32:12

I think I will keep the maxi dresses one more summer in case I go on holiday (you never know.)
Bootcuts I will try on but not convinced.
Scarves I will streamline.
Anything waterfall is going.
Plus the puffy gilet.

Leicesterpiggott Sat 25-Mar-17 13:40:51

What are the bikers like ? Post pics pls! Happy to buy one off you if it's my style! wink

AnarchyKitty Sat 25-Mar-17 18:17:40

I've just lost weight and have discovered waterfall and bootcut look really great on me.
I've always been behind the times grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now