Talk

Advanced search

Clothes and shoes in animal print - What do you think?

(41 Posts)
MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Fri 24-Mar-17 18:44:49

Just wondering what you make of animal print clothing and shoes?

I've a lovely zebra print velvet skirt from Boden which I am planning on resurrecting as soon as I slim down (againblush).

I've also got a pair of leopard print trainers (loads of advice on what to buy and what not to wear from pp's on this board).

What items, if any, do you own? Is animal print always in? Or do you hate it with a passion?

Laquila Fri 24-Mar-17 18:47:45

I love pretty much all forms of animal print, with the caveats that they should only be in reasonably natural colours (i. e., like a real, feasible animal!) and generally Owen for casual rather than formal occasions. I have an ancient leopard-print round-neck cardy that looks great with mid-denim jeans.

Greyhound81 Fri 24-Mar-17 19:13:34

I love a bit of animal print blush

I have a lovely pair of Office loafers and numerous scarves. I did have a skirt but I can't get in it at the moment. I think the key is subtle and not all over. I do have a lovely leopard jersey dress but it's very muted.

Nineinchnails Fri 24-Mar-17 19:17:13

Not my style, can't get away from the Pat off eastenders image.

Banananana Fri 24-Mar-17 19:20:27

Leopard print is a neutral. Fact.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Fri 24-Mar-17 19:23:13

I have a skirt, which I love. Used to have ballet flats, which I wore until they fell apart. I think it needs to be cotton or silk for clothes.

EmmaC78 Fri 24-Mar-17 20:21:56

I love a bit of leopard print too smile

AteRiri Fri 24-Mar-17 20:23:56

Not for me.

LoupGarou Fri 24-Mar-17 20:39:31

I love it, but only certain pieces, I've always thought its one of those things which can look amazing or really, really cheap.

HiMyNameIsUnknown Fri 24-Mar-17 20:40:26

I love a bit of animal print and will neutralise it by wearing all black for example

SunshineOutdoors Fri 24-Mar-17 20:40:50

Love

MrsBungle Fri 24-Mar-17 20:41:36

I love a bit of bet lynch. Love my leopard print shoe boots.

Judydreamsofhorses Fri 24-Mar-17 20:43:41

I have loads of animal print. Off the top of my head, four jumpers, one cardigan, three blouses, a skirt, and a coat. Oh, and pyjamas. Like previous posters I tend to wear it with black, but I do like a striped top/leopard cardi combo.

ToffeeForEveryone Fri 24-Mar-17 20:46:21

Awful Awful Awful.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 24-Mar-17 20:57:24

I really really want ponyskin shoes (non leather and not real pony grin ) to wear with black skinny jeans.

I have leopard tops , love them.

LoupGarou Fri 24-Mar-17 20:57:46

I wear versions of these outfits quite a lot, although I tend to wear tan over the knee boots with my leopard print skirt rather than red high heels.
I've recently remembered just how much I love animal print and I'm wearing it a lot more again.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Fri 24-Mar-17 21:07:27

I love the boots and scarf combos from the pictures (1&3) you posted Loup.

I'm not a big fan of snake skin. I have also questioned why I bought leopard print trainers for myself because I don't like cats (more of a dog person grin).

I think of the zebra from Madagascar when I see zebra print (makes me smile)!

AliciaMayEmory Fri 24-Mar-17 21:10:32

I love a bit of animal print. I had a pair of leopard print trainers that I wore once then sold on eBay. Have regretted it ever since.

CreamCheez Fri 24-Mar-17 21:10:44

Mostly leopard print for me. My rule is silk, cotton or wool. No polyester, or it's veering into mutton...

outofmydepth45 Fri 24-Mar-17 21:13:02

Hate it !

LoupGarou Fri 24-Mar-17 21:19:09

Thanks Martin I wear leopard with grey a lot too and that works well for me. Zebra just doesn't seem to suit me, I love it but can never pull it off. I find leopard and giraffe best for me.

HelsinkiLights Fri 24-Mar-17 21:24:12

Love leopard print & DD has inherited my love of it too.

lalaloopyhead Fri 24-Mar-17 21:25:11

I love a bit of leopard print. I have a coat, boots and a jumper that I can think off the top of my head. I tend to wear them with something plain though.

I don't do zebra print though.

Chesterfuckingdraws Fri 24-Mar-17 21:30:12

I love anything leopard print and have various clothes/shoes/bags and bits for the house too.
I seriously want this sofa, DH is so far refusing to allow it.

Tigerstar123 Fri 24-Mar-17 21:30:16

I'm a mahoovise fan of the animal print! Have lots of leopard print stuff. I love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now