Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding clothes

(9 Posts)
summerson Fri 24-Mar-17 17:08:48

Hey ladies,

Looking for some inspiration on breastfeeding and new mum clothes.

The store bought clippy too breastfeeding clothes seem so frumpy.

Am I destined to frump and have spit stains on me?

I'd like something conservative, classy, sophisticated and yet super practical! Does it exist?

Cakescakescakes Fri 24-Mar-17 17:10:05

Buy some of these and wear anything you like over the top!

www.breastvest.co.uk

PotteringAlong Fri 24-Mar-17 17:11:04

You really don't need breastfeeding clothes! Just bung a vest top under your clothes you aleady have.

summerson Fri 24-Mar-17 18:47:11

Omg breastvest looks like it will revolutionise things! Why doesn't H&M or M&S so such tops? So simple!

ShoeJunkie Fri 24-Mar-17 18:48:55

Cheap vests in a range of colours from Primark or similar. Pull down under boobs when feeding (and pull t shirt/top up). Job done.

Orangebird69 Fri 24-Mar-17 18:53:10

Invest in a couple of decent nursing bras. Don't ruin your good £80 bras by pulling them down so much that the wire pokes out like I did

foxessocks Fri 24-Mar-17 18:54:40

There's a Facebook page called can I breastfeed in it? people post things they've found , I've bought a few recommendations on there it's really useful!

StorminaBcup Fri 24-Mar-17 18:56:59

There's a Facebook page called 'can I breast feed in it?', if you're on Facebook. I'm sure there'll be lots of ideas on there.

AltCarbon Fri 24-Mar-17 21:33:26

The Can I Breastfeed In It Facebook page is great and there are few non-nursing specific kinds of clothes that work really well without having to do one up one down or exposing your tummy.
Shirts/shirt dresses (any tops with buttons basically)
Dungarees/pinafores (New Look and Dorothy Perkins have been great in the sales for these recently)
Wrap tops/dresses (I personally don't suit these but I've seen them being recommended by lots of other people)
High waisted trousers (I live in these www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0399223007.html#Blue-black from H&M - I have a few colours)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now