Talk

Advanced search

Summer wardrobe

(13 Posts)
Stylemepretty Fri 24-Mar-17 15:44:47

I'm in need of so much help. I have no style at all, currently living in leggings or skinnies and an oversized chiffon blouse.

I am 26, 5ft5" and a size 24/26 currently losing weight. I carry everything on my tummy( look 9 months pregnant). I am broad shouldered and a 40DD. Hate my upper arms and my legs(although my legs are quite slim).

I am setting a mammoth task, I have a budget of £50(don't want to spend too much as currently losing weight). With that budget I am looking for 3 tops, 2 pairs of trousers and a cover up of some type. I would like to cover my tummy area most.

I know with my budget I am not going to get quality pieces but hoping to get something to make me feel confident.

DalaHorse Fri 24-Mar-17 16:07:22

I read a blog called What Laura Loves, she is plus size and has amazing style. I'm not plus sized but I have often copied her style, colour combinations and accessories, as well as hair and beauty recommendations. Have a look for some inspiration.

Stylemepretty Fri 24-Mar-17 16:23:56

Thank you, will definitely have a look.

What I'm currently wearing makes me look much bigger than I am, it's totally shapeless.

Stylemepretty Fri 24-Mar-17 21:01:07

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

LoupGarou Fri 24-Mar-17 21:16:32

Amazon have some really lovely clothes for very good prices, I've got quite a few bites from there and the quality is amazing for the price.

My body is different to yours but I have this top in several colours and its lovely and flattering...

www.amazon.co.uk/KRISP-N7604-BLK-12-7604-Black-12-Jersey-Top/dp/B00L91A0UY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1490389892&sr=8-8&keywords=Jersey%2Btop&th=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21

LoupGarou Fri 24-Mar-17 21:16:49

Bits not bites!

whitesklyer Fri 24-Mar-17 22:15:15

God I would love to be 26 again. enjoy your youth because you will blink and be 46 shock Good on you for loosing weight and hope you have continued success. I've had a few rocky years with some regrets....so keep on plugging and have a good life

Chipsandonionrings Fri 24-Mar-17 22:31:02

I have similar stats to you and to disguise a big tummy I find the tops with a knot below the bust really flattering, esp if they have a v neck as it showcases boobs but skims tummy. There are some on the link above.

I currently love my peacocks jeans, they are so high waisted they are like maternity jeans but it means no muffin top. £9.

I am 2 dress sizes smaller than you but I am a 42 f - a good bra made me realise I didn't need a boob job but new lingerie! Also made my clothes look better.

Good luck with the weight loss and I know what you mean about wanting to look nice without spending money on stuff you won't wear for long. I am losing weight but recently had a mini clothes splurge as most stuff you can still wear even after a big loss e.g my skinny jeans now look like slim cut and I wear a belt.

GertyTheGert Fri 24-Mar-17 23:33:44

I agree with the knot info - it does a help with skimming! Also, don't faint but whilst on the way to the veg aisles, I found a couple of v nice (honestly!) tunic-type "dresses" (over trousers type thing) in Asda this week - one was eight pds! I am on a lose-weight mission ...... :-/

GertyTheGert Sat 25-Mar-17 13:03:19

PS Just got a spring fashion email from Evans - they have a few of what they call swing top tunics which look v nice. Some maybe a bit too swingy but there are a few which are skimmy not balloony!

RedMetamorphosis Sat 25-Mar-17 19:47:02

Next Clearance has some lovely stuff as do ASOS. Very easy to filter by size and price.

imjessie Sat 25-Mar-17 20:17:15

New look have a great plus size section.

Stylemepretty Sun 26-Mar-17 18:05:53

I use to really like New Look but the basic tops aren't that great. I would like a few tees but I can't seem to find any long enough to stretch over my stomach and sit at a responsible place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now