Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss Big Hair - which size?

(8 Posts)
BroomstickOfLove Fri 24-Mar-17 14:56:18

I've just had my hair cut into a jaw length bob. It's very thick, with a wave which means that my hair now looks terrible if I let it dry naturally. I don't currently have a hairdryer, so I thought I might as well go for a Big Hair. Are they any good? And which size should I get?

SesameSparkle Fri 24-Mar-17 15:54:46

It's quite easy to use and to get a good result. They work better on longer hair, but get the smallest size if your hair is shorter. It's a styler, not a hairdryer though and works best on hair that is almost dry.

Universitychallenging Fri 24-Mar-17 15:56:17

If it's jaw length I'd go for the wider one the lilac cover.

But as pp says, it really works best in hair that is nearly dry.

Gingerbreadmam Fri 24-Mar-17 16:00:44

i love mine. my hair is fairly long and i have the huge one. tbh i think i could have sized down even with long hair.

like pp it works much better when hair is almost dry. I would consider myself good with hair but had to youtube to figure our how to do it. Easy once you know tho.

Paperdolly Fri 24-Mar-17 16:11:49

I run a bit of argan oil through my thick mid length hair before I use mine. The best thing since sliced bread is the BBH! Tames my wild frizzy locks.

CointreauVersial Fri 24-Mar-17 22:13:14

I would say the smaller barrel, as your hair isn't very long.

But to be honest, I've had both sizes, and they are pretty similar to use.

Still need a hairdyer to rough-dry it, though.

WhiteHairReally Sat 01-Apr-17 17:22:49

The smaller, pink covered one is often reduced in Asda. I have similar hair to yours and use the smaller one. Have bought three. I'm an evangelical BBHer, so give them as presents, especially when Asda had them at £19!

ilovecherries Sat 01-Apr-17 17:29:22

My hair is a bit longer than jaw length and I use the middle size either 42 or 44 mm, can't remember which. I also have the 50 + MM head, but have never used it. Both heads have black covers on mine. There is also a small one, called petite, but it's really only suitable for fringes. I let my hair air dry, then 10 mins with the BBH - works better if I section it rather than do it in a one-er. I can do something reasonable on air dried hair in about 10 minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now