Talk

Advanced search

Spanx under wedding dress

(12 Posts)
Bukkaroo Fri 24-Mar-17 14:56:05

Has anyone work Spanx or control underwear under their wedding dress or similar gown? My dress is very fitted all the way down and I want something to control my tummy a bit but I'm worried where the waistband is will show through the dress like a ridge IYKWIM?

Shamoffour Fri 24-Mar-17 17:36:46

You need Spanx higher power pants they go right up to your bra and down to mid thigh like cycling shorts. They don't roll down either they are fab!

Sciurus83 Fri 24-Mar-17 18:09:10

Yes I wore them and they were absolutely fine, no seams or rolling down. I had a spare pair of pants in my bag to change into later in case they were uncomfortable but totally forgot about it. I didn't have the high ones as my dress had a low back but imy sure they would be great

WeShouldOpenABar Fri 24-Mar-17 18:11:36

Not under my wedding dress which i made sure i could comfortably eat my dinner in but for dresses generally i wear a holdy in slip to get a nicer line without bulges or breathing difficulties, spanx have also caused me heartburn at weddings so never again

SweetChickadee Fri 24-Mar-17 18:13:01

Having a wee in a wedding dress is hard enough, having to deal with spanx too!?!? No thanks grin

nursebickypegs Fri 24-Mar-17 18:14:12

I wore a 1950s wiggle type dress, and wore full of Spanx underneath. All in Florida heat. I hated every second.

bananafish81 Fri 24-Mar-17 19:49:45

I wore the seamless spanx under my wedding dress - it was a vintage style satin sort of nightdress style so very clingy, and needed seam free. There was no way I could have worn the scaffolding ones, but depends what your dress is like. I had no worries peeing in them, but my concern was more about being seam free than significant compression, if that makes sense?!

LoupGarou Fri 24-Mar-17 20:45:25

I wore shape wear under my wedding dress, I can't remember the brand but it was a strapless body suit, with cycling short sort of legs and it was crotchless to avoid the toiled issues grin. Crotchless shapewear is quite common. It was comfortable and gave a really nice clean line under my dress which was quite floaty.

imjessie Sat 25-Mar-17 22:08:31

Spanx higher power will be fine and they have a gap so you don't need to take them off and on to wee . I got my last pair from eBay for £11 and yes they were authentic !

oldwife Sat 25-Mar-17 22:12:19

They give me wind.

I guess a lightweight pair to smooth things out would be okay but the super strength type are too much.

eyespydreams Sun 26-Mar-17 11:28:00

Silly seamstress took in my dress too much angry so had to 1) starve for several days and 2) def wear sexy Spanx shorts. They were brill and saved the day.

imjessie Sun 26-Mar-17 16:28:07

Spanx are lightweight but effective , everyone I know who can't deal with them but cheap copies . Spanx are comfy and work .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now