Talk

Advanced search

Updating work wardrode

(8 Posts)
minusten Fri 24-Mar-17 11:47:31

Really struggling with work clothes at the mo. I'm short and a little chunky (size14) with very big boobs.

Nothing seems to fit me well!

Can someone suggest a good shop for me, I need;
Jersey dresses
Some fitted dresses
A jacket
Smart trousers
Tops/blouses- I struggles here the most because of boobs!

I have a professional job but always feel such a scruff bag!!

minusten Fri 24-Mar-17 11:49:17

Sorry forgot to mention budget. I would spend a bit on key peices, but don't want to spent a fortune! Probably around £500 maybe a bit more.

Sample1936 Fri 24-Mar-17 11:56:37

Wallis
Debenhams
Hobbs
And find a good tailor!
Stick to plain solid colours so you get the most out of them.

ChipmunkSundays Fri 24-Mar-17 12:01:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BoboChic Fri 24-Mar-17 12:03:16

I went to Cos this week, a bit by accident, and found some things I really liked. Some of it is terribly boring (and I wouldn't advise anyone to try to buy a whole look from Cos - that is not the point of the brand) but other bits were very good quality for the cut/fabric.

domesticslattern Fri 24-Mar-17 13:41:03

NW3 folded a couple of years ago. Which is a pity as I rather liked it.
www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/11079732/Hobbs-ditches-quirky-NW3-brand-after-suffering-1.9m-loss.html

BarchesterFlowers Fri 24-Mar-17 13:49:23

I always found NW3 too short for me.

I have bought a few dresses this week from Hobbs and found them too short (5"7) so they could be great for you OP.

This was shorter on me than the model so returned.

I thought that this would be nice but didn't order it on length alone.

Otherwise Jaegar Outlet have nice dresses. I also ordered three Phase 8 dresses but they were all returned.

The great thing is that you don't have to pay full price for much (or postage/returns).

BumbleNova Fri 24-Mar-17 15:19:27

I second finding yourself a tailor/seamstress to do you some alterations. I have totally failed to find anything that fits me round the waist and hips so went to chat to a lovely local seamstress about whats possible/easy. most things can be adjusted, just check the width of the seams.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now