Talk

Advanced search

If you use Smashbox gel eyeliner in a pot please come here

(6 Posts)
Strigoi Thu 23-Mar-17 22:05:09

I bought some but it's a nightmare to apply! It cakes on the brush and I cannot get a clean line for the life of me. I'm doing Adele-type flicks like the pic.

I used to use a brush and black Nars eyeshadow with water but it was really hard to get good colour. The Smashbox stuff has fantastic, intense coverage but see above. I have an angled eyeliner brush. Any tips would be great.

Strigoi Mon 27-Mar-17 12:49:05

bump

Losgunna Mon 27-Mar-17 13:27:49

Throw it away and buy one of those felt-tip style eye liners.

They are the easiest thing in the world to use, you can easily build up the thickness of the line and you can be ultra precise with them. Worth paying a bit more for a good one as you do tend to get what you pay for in terms of intensity of colour and staying power.

argon18 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:55:53

I use Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and a Mac 209 brush. I have to wash the brush after every use as it does cake on the brush but that's fine. It goes on very smooth and lasts all day (with the help of some primer as I have super oily lids!) x

TheLegendOfBeans Mon 27-Mar-17 19:57:35

Further to Losgunnas excellent point may I recommend Eyeko's skinny felt tip eyeliner pen?

It's brill for such flicks and I am regularly complimented on how nice my flicks are. It's all down to that pen, I tell you x

creamcheeseandlox Mon 27-Mar-17 20:21:07

I agree I have a cheapy collection 2000 felt liner and it's fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now