Talk

Advanced search

Easy pick me ups

(13 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Thu 23-Mar-17 13:03:28

I need a little routine of tiny little things i can do on a night to stop myself feeling and looking like a yeti. I'm trying to let my legs grow enough to epilate cause i find doing that i only have to tackle the job every month or so. Same with armpits. But in terms of facemasks, tan (gradual), little things i can do to help my nails grow etc. Please help 😂

plumstone Thu 23-Mar-17 14:15:21

ooh I like this why not try:
Monday - Pedicure
Tuesday - Deep conditioner on hair
Wednesday - face mask and facial massage
Thursday - manicure - if you don't like nailpoish, the try, file and shape, cuticle oil and push back then slathering on hand cream and massage in up to the elbows, then hardner or clear polish
Friday - full body exfoliation and gradual tanner
By weekend - you are looking awesome!!

RavioliOnToast Thu 23-Mar-17 14:28:54

That's not a bad idea Plum just one little thing a day. I was going to gradual tan Mondays and Thursdays, so i get a bit of colour and keep it.

I need a really awesome nail varnish that'll strengthen them and help them grow. I'm sure i saw nailtiques recommended somewhere actually

plumstone Thu 23-Mar-17 14:47:05

I like vaseline intensive hand and nail cream - pink tube cheap as chips. I use a bottle of almond oil to rub in each night and Sally Hansen Nail harder can't remember which one but its a transparent pink colour.

Periodically I do a blitz on a Sunday - bath, de fuzz (I cannot epilate and have no patience for hair growth to wax) and a clay mask followed by a sheet mask and a big facial massage, pedicure etc etc. More to stop me eating through boredom than maintenance. I do try to keep up with it weekly/daily! By doing daily, I feel more in control than if I leave it for too long!

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 18:30:40

Korean sheet masks, a great pick me up and cheap!

Fake tan

Get a massage.

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 18:32:27

Coconut oil on hair as intensive overnight conditioning treatment.

Destinysdaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 18:34:37

Natural face mask, yoghurt, turmeric and honey, leave on for 15 mins then wash off, will brighten skin.

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 23-Mar-17 18:50:50

Probably not what you're after, but after work on a Friday I always do:

Bath
Clay mask
Sheet mask
Shave legs, underarms, bikini line
Bleach tache
Pedicure
Manicure

I feel like that takes the week off, and then during the week it's just daily maintenance. I usually redo my nails on a Sunday night, then "top them up" with one layer of colour and topcoat Monday - Thursday. I also tint my lashes/brows every third week, usually on a Saturday.

LoupGarou Thu 23-Mar-17 19:08:04

That's a great idea plum think I might try it too.

I used Sally Hansen's nail polishes and they're got my nails back to being in great condition from breaking all the time (I have some health issues).

RavioliOnToast Thu 23-Mar-17 20:27:48

Well tonight I've dyed my hair. It was getting a bit rooty and i haven't got time for a salon visit. It's gone far too dark but as it was only a semi I'm hoping it'll lighten. Will go for a cut every Saturday after payday (providing I'm not at work) i was planning on epilating and gradual tanning tonight but i have zero energy now. I'll do that task tomorrow 😂 have ordered nailtiques 2 to start using every day and want a nice oil for my cuticles but I'm not sure which to go for. Might give raw almond oil a go. I need a nice new moisturiser so I'll be buying that tomorrow but then I'm going to use up the products i have before repurchasing anything

Izzydawg Thu 23-Mar-17 20:59:17

The nailtiques 2 is really good been using it 6 months now and my nails are best ever and it keeps nail polish on for a week if u keep topping it up as top coat
Would also recommend garnier summer body as moisturiser twice a week

jeaux90 Thu 23-Mar-17 21:09:31

I love the clarins fake tan that you just put a few drops in your body or facial moisturiser.

I'm crap with fake tanners so this is soooo easy after a shower or bath. Just gives a nice natural colour.

Added bonus is that I don't smell too much like a biscuit after either grin

CoolCarrie Thu 23-Mar-17 21:19:14

Can you really use two face masks, one after the other? Won't it be too much on one night?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now