Talk

Advanced search

Girls clothes

(8 Posts)
readyforno2 Thu 23-Mar-17 09:19:03

My friends dd is 3. She's big for her age but not by any means overweight.
Df has been to buy her some new clothes and has found most items have been slim fitting/body hugging.
Can anyone help? What shops are the best for 'bigger made' items both length wise and width? At the moment df has had to buy a couple of 'boys' hoodies so dd can be comfy which isn't really a problem but dd wants to wear the pink/sparkly stuff.

SoAngryArghh Thu 23-Mar-17 09:25:37

TU Sainsburys and Next are usually fine for normal fit clothes. Zara is small (European) only my 9th centile eldest ever fit properly into Zara. George Asda is fine too. River Island is very 'trendy' so tends to be the slim fit clothes. I find Joules clothing a very loose fit by trousers are great as have elastics and buttons internally. Mothercare is fine too. Hope that helps!

readyforno2 Thu 23-Mar-17 09:35:27

She has a pair of denim shorts, age 5 from Sainsbury's.. they're super slim!
Will have a look at joules. Thanks

OreosOreosOreos Thu 23-Mar-17 09:49:13

Why not just buy the bigger size? My 3YO is in Age 5-6. I've not checked the graph in the red book for a while but he looks in good shape - tall, but well proportioned.

readyforno2 Thu 23-Mar-17 09:52:07

She has been buying a bigger size Oreos, the dd is tall for her age so they have always bought bigger sizes.

LinaBo Thu 23-Mar-17 09:52:24

Polarn O Pyret - and I suspect other Scandinavian brands - are quite generous sized. You'll find very little pink and sparkle though grin

ShootFruit Thu 23-Mar-17 11:19:43

I second Next. My dd two years younger than her age from next as she's a slightly on the petite

Lucked Thu 23-Mar-17 12:00:48

Verbaudet online sells trousers in narrow medium and wide hip widths.

My dd is normal/medium build but I don't like restrictive clothes.I have struggled to buy any clothing in Next this year which has been my go to for years. I was just finding everything too fasiony for a 3 year old. I wandered into Asda last week and bought up half the store loads of pretty joggers and non skinny jeans. Some nice tunics to wear over joggers. So cheap too, I was really impressed although there is quite a lot of character branded clothes which I don't like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now