Talk

Advanced search

What products would stop me having a shiny forehead?

(16 Posts)
Sunflower6 Wed 22-Mar-17 19:46:45

I have oily skin but my forehead is horribly shiny by midday. I'm 44 , even with my fringe I'm embarrassed by how shiny my forehead gets. Can anyone recommend a product to help?

Believeitornot Wed 22-Mar-17 19:47:36

Your fringe might be making it worse.... it certainly does mine!

I also use body shop primer which is great at keeping shine at bay

SavoyCabbage Wed 22-Mar-17 19:49:14

Primer.

I have recently started using the Nivea men's sensitive shaving balm after reading about it on here. S
You just slap it on all over your face. Before make up if you wear any.

Benefit primer is lovely but expensive.

LemonThyme82 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:05:38

Rimmel Stay Matte primer, and yes the fringe could be contributing to your skin's oiliness

pseudonymity Wed 22-Mar-17 20:09:02

Nyx blotting papers

Sunflower6 Wed 22-Mar-17 20:09:06

I would love not to have a fringe but I don't suit the no fringe look unfortunately. I don't put moisturiser on my forehead but I do wear a liquid foundation.

JDSTER Wed 22-Mar-17 21:02:12

Blotting papers are your friend. Huge choice in Boots, Superdrug etc. They have their own makes and all the different concessions have them too. I have blotting papers in every hand bag!

ThursdayLastWeek Wed 22-Mar-17 21:31:19

I have had great success with Lily Lolo mineral foundation. It dies too stop a bit of a 'glow' but I dont get full on shine when I wear it. It feels like it soaks it up almost - though that sounds gross!

SesameSparkle Wed 22-Mar-17 21:45:39

I currently use primer before foundation, then blot with a normal tissue from time to time during the day. I've also tried milk of magnesia, which I saw on YouTube once sheep and posh blotting papers.

bakewelltarte Thu 23-Mar-17 07:17:13

I suffer from shine and Mac prep and prime spf50 is excellent at keeping shine at bay, is lovely under foundation and is also a fab spf.

Cakescakescakes Thu 23-Mar-17 07:58:07

You need an oil free or mattifying primer (I use smash lx light) then after your foundation apply powder on your forehead (I do my whole tzone with powder but put a bit more on my forehead). I then use a blotting paper midday or a bit more powder. I don't find my fringe makes it worse if my fringe is clean so I wash it everyday (wash my hair every other day).

Cakescakescakes Thu 23-Mar-17 07:58:24

Smashbox

Cakescakescakes Thu 23-Mar-17 07:58:58

And I use bourjois 'healthy mix' (?) powder in the pink compact.

Believeitornot Thu 23-Mar-17 10:00:43

Why don't you suit the no fringe look?

Also why bother with foundation on the forehead if you have a fringe? I would moisturise- I have very oily skin and wouldn't dream of not!

redroses86 Thu 23-Mar-17 10:17:02

Smash box oil reducing primer is the best. I'm also oily and have tried all the primers in the world, smash box is the only one that controls the oily slick.

RapidlyOscillating Thu 23-Mar-17 10:21:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now