Talk

Advanced search

Oil free moisturiser with spf

(22 Posts)
SesameSparkle Wed 22-Mar-17 19:46:43

Can you help me find an every day oil free moisturiser which also has an spf? smile

Some milder spot fighting ingredients would be a bonus. Budget is high street. I've been pretty happy with this simple one but unfortunately it doesn't appear to have an spf.

Extra bonus points for a product that uses less chemicals etc. I think that part's a bit of an aspiration though, as although I've switched lots of my other products I've found it difficult to find an oil-free moisturiser in this category, which is also affordable.

SesameSparkle Wed 22-Mar-17 19:50:10

Oh, and I've also tried this Garnier one, but again there's no spf. It was okay, but in the end I preferred the simple one.

squirrelonapetridish Wed 22-Mar-17 20:49:06

I'm currently using an Olay one which seems good so far. It's got an spf of 15 and doesn't feel too greasy.

RocketQueenP Wed 22-Mar-17 20:52:12

I use La roche posay Anthelios factor 50. I have no idea if it is oil free, but I know it doesn't make my face greasy, my skin is lovely after I have put it on, matte and even. I love it <3

MrsDoylesTeabags Wed 22-Mar-17 20:55:55

I have oily skin and at the moment I'm using this it feels really light but still moisturising and has UVA/UVB protection

TheShapeofYou Wed 22-Mar-17 21:23:40

I love love love Estee Lauder's oil-free Day Wear cream, spf25, but it's about £40. I've tried loads of others over the years but always gone back to it. I use birthday vouchers and wait for gift time so seems more economical. Plus you only need a tiny bit so it lasts ages. Fresh cucumber smell too smile

SesameSparkle Wed 22-Mar-17 21:33:01

Squirrel, thanks, I think I've actually used the olay one in the past, but I forgot. blush

Rocket/MrsD, thanks they both look like really nice products, although specifically look marketed as sunblock. I was thinking of an every day moisturiser, with a little sun protection in it. I already wear make up/foundation every day, which should block a bit of sun damage, I just want to top that up. La Roche Posay might be really nice to try for summer though, expecially if it's quite light on. smile

SesameSparkle Wed 22-Mar-17 21:37:01

Shape, thanks, although that does indeed sound a bit spendy maybe I could try to blag a free sample

TheShapeofYou Wed 22-Mar-17 21:43:22

Absolutely hit up an Estee Lauder counter and ask for some free samples. I was there last week and the lady gave me a few little sachets of the new Matte day wear (which is too matte for me, it turns out, plus there's no spf).

I've attached pics FYI as there are a few different ones. I am 35 with normal skin, but with occasional oily t-zone, and this is perfect. My foundation (estee lauder double wear light) sits so nicely on it.

TheShapeofYou Wed 22-Mar-17 21:43:40

Details

Lucked Wed 22-Mar-17 21:45:52

I agree Olay, I used this one for about 15 years. Suddenly in my late thirties I can slap anything on my face.

SesameSparkle Wed 22-Mar-17 22:00:13

Shape, thanks for the details. That does look up my street, if it wasn't for the price tag. I might still ask to try some though.

Lucked, thanks I think it was this one I used before. Yours looks specifically a spot fighting one, which is the right idea though doesn't look like it has spf.

SesameSparkle Thu 23-Mar-17 08:06:38

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

jennymac Thu 23-Mar-17 08:16:02

I've been using this one recently and really like it www.boots.com/boots-simply-sensitive-day-moisturiser-spf15-125ml-10121563

SesameSparkle Thu 23-Mar-17 13:38:04

Thanks jenny, that also looks good and on budget too, but doesn't look like it's oil free.

NotAMammy Thu 23-Mar-17 22:02:06

Boots used to do a day sorbet that was so light and had spf and was my holy grail and then they discontinued it so looking at this with interest!

currently using an Asda for Men moisturiser that DH got and wasn't using

Beketaten Fri 24-Mar-17 00:31:03

I like Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisture SPF 15, you can get it from Amazon:

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000052YP1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_CHg1ybSTEE7TS?tag=mumsnetforum-21

SesameSparkle Fri 24-Mar-17 08:20:55

Notamammy, that product did sound good.

Beketaten, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for, thanks. I wonder why they don't seem to carry it in Boots/Superdrug?

Beketaten Fri 24-Mar-17 09:15:14

I wish they would! I always stock up when I'm in the US. There's an SPF35 version too:

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003XUROHQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_-mo1ybC74DCPM?tag=mumsnetforum-21

Beketaten Fri 24-Mar-17 09:18:25

And their Healthy Skin AHA moisturiser has SPF15 is also oil-free:

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003BMGAUI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_6po1ybHQ7FPMW?tag=mumsnetforum-21

LazySusan11 Fri 24-Mar-17 10:07:11

I use the Alpha H all day protection 50, I have finally found a decent spf that doesn't make me look greasy, ashen or break me out.

SesameSparkle Fri 24-Mar-17 13:02:51

Bek, thanks those look like good options too.

LazySusan, that's a bit pricey for me, but thanks for the suggestion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now