Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I totally don't get this lip injection trend ATM?!?!

(7 Posts)
flymykitehigh Wed 22-Mar-17 16:15:40

It seems that so many people are getting lip injections to boost their natural lip shape and fullness.

People all over my social media have very pouty injected lips and I just don't get it? It seems to create extra lines around their mouth, making their lips look quackers?!?!

I am no expert but I imagine it would damage their natural shape and tissue long term?

Does anyone actually like the look? Or has anyone had them done?

Maybe it's just me that is old fashioned for a 27 year old.

(Photo from google)

(Moved thread from chat)

Bonez Wed 22-Mar-17 16:21:44

Me neither. But hey if these people wish to look like they've had an allergic reaction with their ridiculous puffy lips then let them confused

Truckingalong Wed 22-Mar-17 16:21:47

I can't see what extra lines they create but yes, agree, they're everywhere but mainly on social media rather than real life. Some look great, almost all look like lips with fillers in. Kylie, Liz Hurley, Trinny imvho look great with theirs. I'd look like a spoon if I did it!

SunnySomer Wed 22-Mar-17 16:31:07

I watched a documentary about it on iplayer last night. If you do enough of it it can cause long term tissue damage and even blindness.
I think it looks weird, but then the stuff that the presenter was talking about (e.g. Her disappointment when she had a boob job and discovered that what she'd ended up with was quite soft and floppy - like a normal large breast - not pert and firm) was so alien to me that I realised that the normal BBC3 demographic might find it totally acceptable.

bignamechangeroonie Wed 22-Mar-17 16:38:09

I don't understand confused why didn't she end up with a firm fake breast?

P1nkP0ppy Wed 22-Mar-17 16:44:42

Utterly hideous op.
They look as if you could stick them to a window like a suction cup ☹️

SugarLoveHeart Wed 22-Mar-17 16:53:25

I think it's terrible, for young girls especially. I had the usual "I'm too fat / wish I was Kate Moss / want to look sexy" when I was young but I liked how I basically looked. No way that I would have altered myself...

Now I'm older I feel the same way. Yeah, my once lovely legs can't do miniskirts & my face is starting to look lived-in. But l still like how I am... I definitely wouldn't have surgery. I don't have that mindset.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: