Talk

Advanced search

Help me find something to wear to a wedding

(3 Posts)
Vinorosso74 Wed 22-Mar-17 13:34:30

Wedding isn't until September but I've started looking for a dress (or alternative) I can wear but nothing has jumped out at me yet.
I'm 5'4", size 10/12, early 40s, blonde hair and fair skin. Am not of curvy figure, smallish boobs, legs are ok (well tanned they are) and have a bit of a "mum tum".
I don't want anything strapless, colours to avoid are yellow and orange (horrendous with my colouring) or blue and brown/beige (don't like). Any other colours ok.
Day to day I wear jeans or skirts with thick tights so posh clothes shopping isn't normally my thing! Any inspiration/ideas gladly received.

toejamfootball Wed 22-Mar-17 15:33:16

Probably miles off the mark as usual, but I can't resist a dress search, especially when I am putting off an essay....

Adrianna Papell via House of Fraser £80 advantages: delicate colour won't overwhelm, tailoring = built in shaping? (I'm no expert!). Disadvantages: would prob. need dressmaker input to make sure the length stays above or on the knee, not very exciting?

Adrianna Papell leaf print wrap dress £100 advantages: ruching over tummy area mighy help with any self-consciousness, long sleeve for possibly chillier September. Disadvantages: length issue again, colour maybe hideous, a bit too casual?

Coast, much higher budget at £179. Out of stock in a 10 everywhere at the moment, don't know if it will be back in stock. Can show off legs while swishing about, good for dancing?! (again, no expert...)

Hope an expert comes along soon! grin

Vinorosso74 Wed 22-Mar-17 21:54:02

Thank you. Been a tad distracted by the news. Love the colour on the third one, not sure on the styles but I like the print on the second, I quite like leaf or those kind of tropical type plant/flower prints.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now