Talk

Advanced search

Real techniques brush let down. Maybe this should be a AIBU post?!

(8 Posts)
ScandiCinnamon Wed 22-Mar-17 08:52:43

So, on the back of so many MN's loving these brushes I went and bought some. Love them. Have been using them for a few months. Have looked after them, cleaned them gently with brush cleaner etc, but now all of a sudden my stipling brush has completely molted! shock (and have not used it every day) Has anyone else experienced this? AIBU to think a brush should last more than a few months??? hmm

justanotheryoungmother Thu 23-Mar-17 09:55:08

I've had so many RT brushes and the stipling one did the exact same thing BUT overall the qualify of the other brushes (foundation, powder, contour etc) is good, it's just unfortunate that for some reason the bristles won't stay in that specific brush!smile

SilentlyScreamingAgain Thu 23-Mar-17 11:28:22

I think it's reasonable to expect a brush to last longer than a few months, I'd take it back (and put the refund towards a Sigma).

ScandiCinnamon Thu 23-Mar-17 12:04:55

Thanks both.
Oh a Sigma? SilentlyScreamingAgain, are these brushes good? Expensive? opening up google to research as never heard of them

MusicToMyEars800 Thu 23-Mar-17 12:14:00

I love all my real techniques brushes and sponges, I purchased my stippling brush last year and it is still going strong, but the handle of my sculpting brush has come loose. The body shops make up brushes are really good I have a lot of them and they aren't too expensive.
www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/make-up/brushes-and-tools/c/c00059

Pencilvester Thu 23-Mar-17 12:24:32

I've had my stippling brush for a couple of years and it's still going strong. Deffo take it back if it's faulty.

SilentlyScreamingAgain Thu 23-Mar-17 15:05:35

My Sigma brush is about 7 years old and I wash it about once a week (so at least every couple of weeks) and it has never shed a single hair.

UncomfortableBadger Sun 26-Mar-17 14:48:33

My RT stippling brush has done exactly the same - so disappointing sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now