Talk

Advanced search

How do I get cheeks like this?!

(28 Posts)
RubyWoooooooo Tue 21-Mar-17 21:05:07

What sort of product so I use? My skin tone is more olive than this but I would like that dewy glow.... Any suggestions?

imjessie Tue 21-Mar-17 21:07:14

Highlighter !

imjessie Tue 21-Mar-17 21:07:45

Join mrs goss and the gloss Facebook page and ask on there , they will tell you exactly what to buy !

RubyWoooooooo Tue 21-Mar-17 21:08:18

Never get a sheen like this though! Have a Mac one and benefit one too. May I need to apply a bit more?!

RubyWoooooooo Tue 21-Mar-17 21:08:42

Oh thanks! Might try that!

imjessie Tue 21-Mar-17 21:11:02

Mrs gloss and the goss even .. god luck , they are all really helpful .

DalaHorse Tue 21-Mar-17 21:13:36

That's highlighter on top of a very light dusting of blusher/bronzer.

Popular highlighters include mac soft & gentle, hourglass ambient, thebalm manizer, Bobbi brown bronze glow (amongst other colours). If you don't use powder to set your foundation then you can use a liquid highlighter. If you do use powder, a powder highlighter is best.

DalaHorse Tue 21-Mar-17 21:16:41

Sleek also do a reasonably priced highlighter palette that gives good effect, but it's very full on so you would need to be light-handed. Some of the cheaper brands don't give too much highlighting effect, or it doesnt last, so research the best budget highlighter or splash out on a really good one, it'll last for months if not years smile

Niminy Tue 21-Mar-17 21:31:32

I saw a girl wearing this look today. In RL as opposed to a photograph, she looked most odd - her cheeks were very strange and shiny.

BusterGonad Wed 22-Mar-17 07:38:54

I would use a glowy foundation, then a highlighter like Benefit Watts up, then Max miracle touch cream blusher.

BusterGonad Wed 22-Mar-17 07:39:30

Using a thick moisturizer helps too. Like Astral.

Benefit girl meets pearl is good. It's a pearly pink highlighter, you only need a tiny bit too much and you just look odd a small amount gives you a lovely dewy look.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Wed 22-Mar-17 07:43:17

The Bobbi Brown Glow palettes give exactly that shine and colour.

retainertrainer Wed 22-Mar-17 07:44:05

Yeh I think it looks a bit sweaty in real life.

PossumInAPearTree Wed 22-Mar-17 07:45:06

Makeup revolution highlighter

BusterGonad Wed 22-Mar-17 07:45:27

Soap & Glory Hocus Focus mixed in with foundation too.

Freezingwinter Wed 22-Mar-17 07:45:34

Mac strobe cream is good but shows up any lumps and bumps on your skin
In rl I think this looks a bit sweaty?! I'd just use a nice highlighter on top of your blusher smile

CaoNiMartacus Wed 22-Mar-17 08:03:49

I honestly think highlighter will be to our era what blue eyeshadow was to the 1980s! Go easy, is my advice.

FuckyNell Wed 22-Mar-17 08:05:44

I mix benefit high beam with foundation

MissJSays Wed 22-Mar-17 08:12:15

Don't forget a big camera flash has just gone off in her face, so you probably won't be able to recreate the same look. I also imagine there are a lot of studio lights on her there too.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Wed 22-Mar-17 08:38:38

How would it look sweaty?
No one sweats much on their cheekbones?

BusterGonad Wed 22-Mar-17 09:18:49

I think the sweaty comments are a bit silly. Super Matt skin is really unflattering imo!

DalaHorse Wed 22-Mar-17 11:28:11

I think huge dark eyebrows and heavy contouring will be the blue eyeshadow of the future. I think highlighting is here to sta, in much the same way as blusher. It might get more subtle but done right it's very flattering.
People who go overboard on highlighting can look ott, but a bit of cheekbone shimmer done subtlety is nice.

PollyPerky Wed 22-Mar-17 11:31:42

I don't think that is an everyday look that most women can carry off. It's fine for a photoshoot but in real life would look overdone. Only imo. A subtle sheen is fine but full on pearly cheekbones- nah.

Destinysdaughter Wed 22-Mar-17 11:33:57

Photoshop?grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now