Talk

Advanced search

Is a ghost dress only for the slim?

(10 Posts)
whodoesntloveafluffycat Tue 21-Mar-17 20:04:35

I'm tall, size 12-14 and need a black tie dress.
The Ghost ones on JL look so elegant but I'm wondering if they'd only suit a less bumpy body. I have good control underwear but flabby hips and a middle aged tummy without much waist.
Has anyone tried one on?

CaitAgusMadra Tue 21-Mar-17 21:30:36

Honestly I think the answer is Yes. The dresses look fab, very Wallis Simpson. For me, post babies, I need more structure and tailoring to flatter my body

GieryFas Tue 21-Mar-17 21:35:50

I've got a ghost dress, and it's great on - I'm a bit smaller than you in terms of dress sizes but have a tummy and wobbly hips, and it skims them beautifully. I even had to size down.

You probably do just have to try it on and see, I'd have thought.

MrsPear Tue 21-Mar-17 21:39:23

Good quality well fitted underwear and a full under slip would be fine tbh

Rioja123 Tue 21-Mar-17 21:41:46

Go for a darker colour - navy or plum, will be easier to pull off than the pale goldz

NanooCov Tue 21-Mar-17 21:42:13

I've got a Ghost dress and I'm a 16. It looks great (if I do say so myself)

5OBalesofHay Tue 21-Mar-17 21:42:51

I have ghost stuff I've had twenty years I've got lumpier and still feel like a goddess in them.

whodoesntloveafluffycat Tue 21-Mar-17 21:58:36

Great thanks, it's not a definite no then. I'll go and try on wearing very large pantsblush

Diamonddealeroncemore Tue 21-Mar-17 22:29:10

I always buy Ghost if I need a full length dress. Last time was for my wedding two years ago when I was a size 14. I wore Spanx underneath and they are so beautifully cut that the dress just skimmed over me and made me look really slim. I would definitely recommend.

whodoesntloveafluffycat Wed 22-Mar-17 08:47:32

This one looks lovely
http://www.ghost.co.uk/salma-dress-navy1-dw64ca-k10

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now