Talk

Advanced search

Favourite Mac Eyeshadows?

(23 Posts)
littletike Tue 21-Mar-17 16:43:31

I love Mac Eyeshadows but can't decide which colours to invest in next - what are your faves?

I'm blonde with blue/green/grey eyes and fancy something different to my usual pink!

missjoanie Tue 21-Mar-17 17:37:50

Brule is lovely for all over the lid/up to browbone.

ElspethFlashman Tue 21-Mar-17 17:40:54

Haux is a lesser known one which is great.

Copperplate is useful. And Vex is a greyish duochrome which is surprisingly versatile.

hollinhurst84 Tue 21-Mar-17 17:45:25

Woodwinked
Satin taupe
Sumptuous olive

Or if you want to veer away from Mac, have a look at makeup geek on beauty bay - I was a huge mac fan but makeup geek are insanely pigmented and soft

RicketyCricket Tue 21-Mar-17 17:48:28

Kid, Cork, Malt, Wedge, Haux, Quarry, Embark, Swiss Chocolate and Handwritten for the crease.

Sable, Twinks, Satin Taupe, Smut, Sketch for the lid.

Brulé and Blanc Type are good browbone highlight shades.

That said, Makeup Geek shadows are superior in every way and are a fraction of the price.

littletike Tue 21-Mar-17 18:27:19

Thank you - they're all lovely.

The only​ thing with make up geek is I like to try them first and I'm not sure where sells that brand near me...

Flyinggeese Tue 21-Mar-17 18:41:41

OP which pink shade do you usually wear please? I've never tried pink on my eyes but have seen a few tutorials online recently where pink was used and it looks really good...

Sorry can't help with your question though, I've only ever bought lipstick from Mac.

littletike Tue 21-Mar-17 18:45:57

I've just had a look at make up geek and decided I need most of the colours!

littletike Tue 21-Mar-17 18:48:58

I've got the naked 3 palette and also mac da bling, expensive pink and paradisco which are peachy

RicketyCricket Tue 21-Mar-17 18:50:12

Honestly, they're amazing! I have two Z palettes full of MUG shadows and there isn't one dud amongst​ them.

You can find really extensive swatch videos on YouTube that will help you decide which colours you really need.

The foiled finish ones are just magical as are their duochromes.

I bought them direct from their website and shipping was really reasonable and quick.

hollinhurst84 Tue 21-Mar-17 18:51:41

This is my makeup geek collection grin

Flyinggeese Tue 21-Mar-17 20:25:54

Fab thanks. X

littletike Tue 21-Mar-17 21:41:12

Love it grin

I had a Mac lesson recently where the girl told me to apply a matte colour i. The crease then a shimmery colour to the lid and blend it up into the crease and beyond... Apparently this is better for my hooded eyes... I don't have many matte colours though

I also want a couple of irredescent (?) colours - one of my favorites is urban decays midnight cowboy apart from the big bits of silver glitter in it!

mamahibou Tue 21-Mar-17 21:50:47

I have same colouring as you and loved midnight cowboy in my yoof! I swear by Mac Vex. It's fab on its own and with eye liner and with some darker greys in the crease really pops. I love it.

Pistachiois50pmore Wed 22-Mar-17 10:11:11

I actually don't think their eyeshadows are all-that! But I use Wedge, Cork and Sable all the time. Used to be Bisque but I think it's discontined. Bobbi Brown are better imho

mummybear701 Wed 22-Mar-17 10:17:44

I use blanc for all over highlight, satin taupe and embark for lid. I don't do much eye stuff unless its something special though.

Lululooselips Wed 22-Mar-17 12:03:29

Brulé, Satin Taupe & Patina to do a softer smokey eye

MixedUpConfusion Wed 22-Mar-17 19:09:24

Expensive Pink. It's like a rose gold and brings out the green in my green hazel eyes

SuperFlyHigh Wed 22-Mar-17 20:07:55

Satin taupe and shroom for me. I've bought a few MAC eye shadows over the years but their softness isn't great for me. Good colours though.

SuperFlyHigh Wed 22-Mar-17 20:08:19

Oh and cranberry great for making blue eyes pop.

jelliedeel Wed 22-Mar-17 20:48:21

Shale is a great colour if you are bored of brown. It makes blue eyes appear bluer and I have heard it described as good for a smokey eye on older women.
I'm on my second one.

jelliedeel Wed 22-Mar-17 20:51:07

MUA matte palette is what i use underneath the MAC shale.

littletike Fri 24-Mar-17 19:28:05

Thank you for all the ideas.

I've done some research and it looks like I've got a lot of similar colours in my naked pallettes it rarely use them so am going to use them more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now