Talk

Advanced search

<Wail> My hair is a mess ... getting it cut tomorrow ... help!

(9 Posts)
agrumpymum Tue 21-Mar-17 16:18:30

No photo!!!! Last night I realised that my hair (uncut for around 10 weeks) resembles Teresa May's hairstlye. Now, no disrespect to the lovely lady, but I need something different! It didn't start off like this, it was cut short, above my ears, short at back with asymmetrical fringe. Except, he made an almighty mess of the fringe and it looked crooked as opposed to asymetric!

So, off for a restyle tomorrow but what shall I do? Hair is naturally dark brown with colour brished through it to hide the greys but very natural tones. I'd love a totally different colour - what? And what on earth shall I do with the style?

Asking the impossible without photographs but please, any ideas?

Thanks!

OCSockOrphanage Tue 21-Mar-17 20:06:55

If you are going to a good stylist that you trust, I'd ask for suggestions, even wild ones. Are you in a job where something slightly off normal would look odd? In your situation, with a trusted hairdresser, I'd explain and give her a free hand. Disclaimer, my hairdresser is brilliant, an editorial stylist and a trainer of high end stylists in colour work. If your hairdresser is normal small town High Street, I would have concern that s/he wouldn't get me. Not very helpful, sorry.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 21-Mar-17 20:14:47

Good advice above.
Look on the net, at some short styles, and colours, then you'll have an idea. You could grow it !

BagelGoesWalking Tue 21-Mar-17 21:00:12

I have these pics saved on my phone as a result of another hair thread I read recently. I don't think I'll ever have the guts to go for anything quite this short, (I have very dark eye bags, look knackered and old!) but they may give you inspiration smilegiven that you've already got fairly short hair.

MikeUniformMike Tue 21-Mar-17 21:07:20

The styles in the photos are great. If you can, trust the hair stylist.

OohNoDooEy Tue 21-Mar-17 21:13:19

beautyeditor.ca/.image/t_share/MTE5NTU2MzI0NTM1NTM1MTE1/elsa-pataky-inaugural-oceana-ball-april-2013.jpg

OohNoDooEy Tue 21-Mar-17 21:14:31

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ae/7b/ef/ae7befdaa7cb4b6ce973b9f5331f13d6.jpg

agrumpymum Wed 22-Mar-17 11:57:13

Thanks all .. great advice and like the photos. Only third time with this guy cutting after 15 years going to a salon similar to that described by OCSock. Anyway here now with colour on and plans for a Sienna Miller style cut. Wish me luck!!

OohNoDooEy Wed 22-Mar-17 17:47:07

Are you pleased op?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now