Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend me a fab mascara please?

(10 Posts)
Purplerainbow Tue 21-Mar-17 12:34:34

I have been using max factor false lash effect (waterproof) for ages. I have quite long eye lashes but would like to 'chub' them up? This one is good, doesn't smudge etc and prefer one that is waterproof. Iv tried quite a few but they don't ever match up to the max factor one, always go back to it. Am I missing one that is fab? Don't rate maybelline and recently tried a Mac one. Would prefer waterproof. Anything fit the bill?

sweetheart Tue 21-Mar-17 12:38:07

I have the seventeen waterproof - I buy it because I find it the best one for not smudging so not sure how it would fair in the "chubbing" stakes. I've found it quite hard to find a decent waterproof mascara.

MadisonAvenue Tue 21-Mar-17 12:40:09

I use Benefit They're Real. It's not strictly waterproof but has amazing staying power and it's the only one I've tried that doesn't run or smudge. I have very watery eyes, to the point that before using this I used to have to dye my lashes and define them a bit more with a clear mascara.

Purplerainbow Tue 21-Mar-17 12:40:30

Haven't looked poked at 17 for years! I'm not sure they even stock it in my towns boots and Superdrug... this max factor one is fab as waterproof. Has lasted a day in centre parcs pools, flumes and Rapids!!

Purplerainbow Tue 21-Mar-17 12:41:20

Yes! My eyes water too!! So annoying! The wind makes them look like I'm crying! I think Iv tried that benefit one but haven't tried that lasted one people have spoken of, can't remember what it's called now...

imjessie Tue 21-Mar-17 12:51:55

I use natural collection £1.99 black lash length mascara available in boots . It's amazing and as good as any of the expensive ones in my opinion . Def worth a try .

nonameinspiration Tue 21-Mar-17 12:53:59

Another vote for benefit they're real it's really good

Ulysses Tue 21-Mar-17 13:02:52

There was a bit in the tv show Shop Well for Less that compared waterproof mascaras last week and L'Oréal's 4D architect mascara came top as the best long lasting so maybe worth a look.

sweetheart Tue 21-Mar-17 13:11:09

Ulysses - on that programme can you remember where the woman had brought her hair piece from?

Purplerainbow Tue 21-Mar-17 13:32:32

Ok great thanks I will have a look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now