Talk

Advanced search

Holiday Hair!

(4 Posts)
TheseAreTheGoodOldDays Tue 21-Mar-17 08:42:18

A quick question for you hair gurus!

I have very long hair, almost at my waist, all one length (apart from either side of my face where it's chin length, from growing out a full fringe). It's fairly straight, although if I'm going out I will section and straight it to get the desired straight-ness!

I'm going on holiday the beginning of May and will get my hair cut and coloured (balayage instead of my usual to the roots highlights) the end of April.

On a day to day basis my hair is usually tied back so it's very rare I actually do anything with it, but I like the thought of just letting it dry naturally when away, but not just wanting it to look like it's hanging there? I would like to make minimal effort but look fabulous on my first holiday abroad with my fiancé grin

Can anyone recommend a product I could use it give it a little bit of something!? Or am I better getting it cut into, layers or cut to shape my face or something?

Bluntness100 Tue 21-Mar-17 08:49:23

I like long hair, as I imagine you do, so don't cut it off, although graduated at the sides from below chin down can be very flattering,

Mines just below my boobs, but to be honest I just plait it during the day on holiday, or pin it up, but style it in the evenings my normal way .

I also plait it at night to sleep, so brush it out and wear it down for breakfast and the styling from the night before and the plait at night usually means it's got a nice shape and wave to it the next morning.

I wouldn't really style it differently to what you normally do otherwise as you'll just be faffing about for ages, plus the heat normally makes styles fall out. Long hair can also make you feel too warm, which is why a plait or pinning it up works during the day, especially if in and out of a pool.

BeccyButterfly Tue 21-Mar-17 09:58:15

If there's any styles ur thinking of it might be worth having a practice before you go. Nothing worse than being frustrated/disappointed when ur away. Loose curls from plaits or maybe some head bands / flowers are nice on holiday. smile

TheseAreTheGoodOldDays Tue 21-Mar-17 14:34:31

They're great ideas smile never thought to plait it through the day! And even better if it'll leave nice loose waves for on an evening.
Love the idea of accessories too (other than tying it back with a single hair bobble I have no hair accessories at all! Must rectify this before I go away smile)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now