Talk

Advanced search

Too old for this cut??

(12 Posts)
EhWhatPardon Tue 21-Mar-17 07:53:40

I have short brown hair which is at that horrible growing out Stage. I really really want a style like this. I'm 38 and not at all precious about my hair, it's been every colour of the rainbow so I'm letting it recover for a while.

The colour will be brown/ red... am I too old to pull this off?

highinthesky Tue 21-Mar-17 07:57:57

Too old for an asymmetrical cut? I don't think so!

If your hair is straight enough to fall that way or you don't mind styling it, why wouldn't you? Although I personally wouldn't go for the shorn back.

EhWhatPardon Tue 21-Mar-17 08:05:37

See that's what I like....I really really want the undercut haha. I think it looks lovely on the girl n the photo smile

My hair is wavy/frizzy so I have to dry and straighten it in the morning anyway or I have a fuzz ball for work.

HoneyDragon Tue 21-Mar-17 08:27:07

I'm 38 and have had a disconnected undercut for the last eighteen months or so, I only started growing it out at Christmas. It's a lovely cut, it will need upkeep if your hair grows fast though.

Rollerbird Tue 21-Mar-17 08:58:11

I had my hair similar to this in february.
Im 50.
It's shorter on the short side.
It's curly and i love styling clay now.
I also had highlights of blonde, purple and orange.
Sounds hideous but looks great and i have had a lot of compliments

BeccyButterfly Tue 21-Mar-17 09:54:34

i'm 36 and have an undercut. it needs cutting every 2-3 weeks which is frustrating, but love the look of it. Go for it!

slinkysaluki Tue 21-Mar-17 10:48:09

I'm 48 and have just had an assymetric all cut short in one side longer on the other, mines shorter at the back but not undercut. I have very thick coarse hair and it's much easier to manage than my previous a line bob. Go for it !

slinkysaluki Tue 21-Mar-17 10:54:13

Mines similar to these

EhWhatPardon Tue 21-Mar-17 13:52:18

You've all convinced me. I've emailed the photo to my hairdresser and she's going to do it... thank you!

EmmaWoodlouse Wed 22-Mar-17 16:43:40

I know someone who is almost exactly the same age as you and has a very similar cut - and it's brown!

10Betty10 Wed 22-Mar-17 17:24:03

Love it. Love it even more if you have specs like the model, looks great with that cut.

Trustyourself2 Wed 22-Mar-17 22:48:57

I'm 50 and have something similar, not quite as funky as yours, but I love mine. I thinks it's a gorgeous style and no way are you too old.

Good luck.

slinkysaluki, the red hairstyle and colour is gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now