Talk

Advanced search

Aldi skincare - what's good?

(7 Posts)
SomewhereNow Tue 21-Mar-17 07:09:55

We're getting a new Aldi (which I'm far too excited about grin). I've heard good things about their skincare, what would be worth a try? Background - I'm 44, skin is OK but tends to be flaky with visible pores, some age spots/lines and a general lack of oomph.

PrancerForHoney Tue 21-Mar-17 08:25:18

I use the Lacura Xavier and Q10 creams. I'm around d your age with combination skin. I absolutely love the night cream. It really makes my skin lovely and soft.

MinesaPinot Tue 21-Mar-17 09:29:37

Oooh, gotta love Aldi!

Have to say though, that although I have really tried, their skincare just doesn't do it for me, even the Lacura Caviar. I really react to perfumes and it's all a bit too much - bummer, as it is really reasonable.

On the other hand, the make up remover pads (2 x 100) for 65p (I think) are the BEST EVER and beat Boots/Superdrugs etc into a cocked hat IMO. I buy them in bulk - had 5 packs last time!. Also the shower washes that are the Dove dupes - think they are called Proviv? In the same shape bottle as Dove anyway - are fab as well.

And the Lacura concealer that is the Touche Éclat dupe is good as well and doesn't smell like wet flannels

MinnieMinchkin Tue 21-Mar-17 22:39:30

I was underwhelmed by the Laura caviar. The night cream left my face sticky and neither day or night cream left me feeling "moisturised". I've gone back to l'oreal revitalift, which is on sale for similar prices in other supermarkets/chemists often enough.

MinnieMinchkin Tue 21-Mar-17 22:39:52

Not Laura! Lacuna!

UpYerGansey Tue 21-Mar-17 22:54:58

I'm 46 and have been using the LaCura serum for ages -Q10 renew
Its great. I find some of the other creams heavy, but rate that and the cell renew 3 minute peel, the ampoules, and the hycogel stuff

retainertrainer Wed 22-Mar-17 07:47:28

These are my must-haves. I've got sensitive,dry skin that was starting to show signs of aging. These have really hydrated and plumped it back up and my make up goes on really nicely over the day cream (you need to let it soak in for about 10 mins first).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now