Talk

Advanced search

What hangers do you have?

(32 Posts)
Peopleplease Mon 20-Mar-17 13:53:22

I've just done a wardrobe clear out and have gotten rid of all the plastic hangers you get when you buy stuff.

I now mostly have velvet hangers with a few wooden ones for jackets.

What do most people have??

DelphiniumBlue Mon 20-Mar-17 15:56:26

Non slip felted(?) from either Primark or TK Maxx.

wizzywig Mon 20-Mar-17 15:57:57

Same as you op: velvet and wooden ones

WhiskyChick Mon 20-Mar-17 16:08:20

I got all wooden ones when I moved into my current house. The only metal one is for my scarves. I'm a bit of a weirdo though and hate the noise of plastic hangers

FrizzBombDelight Mon 20-Mar-17 16:10:50

I got some lovely rose gold thick wire ones from somewhere cheap, maybe B&M?, and wooden ones. The combo of the two look lovely. I have to say it felt amazing ditching all the plastic hangers in all shapes and sizes, I recommend doing the same with Tupperware! I now have only two sizes and lots off them so they stack neatly and the lids always fit.

Olddear Mon 20-Mar-17 16:15:03

The slim flock ones.

FoodGloriousFud Mon 20-Mar-17 16:17:29

Wooden ones here

Peopleplease Mon 20-Mar-17 17:22:11

When I say velvet I obviously meant felted/flocked!

I have seen online someone with copper wire hangers and it looks really cool but wire annoys me. Things just slip off.

FrancisCrawford Mon 20-Mar-17 17:23:26

Wooden ones

ShatnersBassoon Mon 20-Mar-17 17:27:13

Slim flock ones for my clothes. I can get loads more in the wardrobe with them than with wooden hangers.

DH prefers wooden ones to keep his bigger things in better shape.

curtainphobic Mon 20-Mar-17 17:28:03

Black Velvet - Home Bargains. The odd one breaks but great value and functionality. Fraction of the cost versus anything else I've seen.

MrAliBongo Mon 20-Mar-17 19:25:10

Oh shit... Those flock ones make me want to die! I've got a mixture of fabric-covered metal ones, wooden ones for big stuff and a few weird silicone-covered ones for slithery stuff. All tkmaxx.

Fuzzypeggy Mon 20-Mar-17 19:46:39

Oh no, I seem to be the only one who has plastic clothes shop hangers. My hangers are from wherever I bought the clothes. Do I need fancier ones? Are they any better?

PickAChew Mon 20-Mar-17 19:51:45

I have the plastic shop hangers. Chucking them away is so wasteful.

Fuzzypeggy Mon 20-Mar-17 19:54:58

Good point pick. I feel better about my plastic ones now.

Ifonlyiweretaller Mon 20-Mar-17 19:56:34

I hate plastic shop hangers, but don't chuck them away, I give them to charity. Then replace with velvety hangers which mean the clothes never slide off (although can be a nuisance actually putting things like jumpers on them!) and you get so much more in your wardrobe!
Someone I know set up a business which started with him selling second hand coat hangers as he saw a gap in the market. I wouldn't have gone with it, but it's a massive business exporting all over the world!

Sgtmajormummy Mon 20-Mar-17 19:58:04

IKEA Bumerang.
White, black or natural wood.
Very cheap, with a trouser bar and a good deep skirt loop notch.
I like the fact they're quite narrow but you can add those shoulder extensions if you need more width.

Laquila Mon 20-Mar-17 19:59:46

neatfreak Medium Plastic Non-Slip Clothes Hanger, Pack of 10, White/Taupe www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017TVO7CY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Nrd0ybT3QC104?tag=mumsnetforum-21

I have these and they're great

RhinestoneCowgirl Mon 20-Mar-17 20:00:14

I have all wooden ones from IKEA. I always refuse plastic ones in the shop, but if we do end up with them they go in the charity shop bag

Sgtmajormummy Mon 20-Mar-17 20:01:14

I refuse hangers in shops and take the metal ones back to the dry cleaner's- mine has a sign asking for them back.

IMissGin Mon 20-Mar-17 20:04:53

Wooden from ikea here, white for me, natural for DP. Same in kids sizes, natural for DD, white for baby.

EnidButton Mon 20-Mar-17 20:05:31

All white wooden ones from Ikea.

EnidButton Mon 20-Mar-17 20:06:14

And the natural wood Ikea ones in DH's wardrobe.

trixymalixy Mon 20-Mar-17 20:26:32

Thin white metal ones that come with the ironed clothes from our ironing lady.

I used to have all wooden ones, but I found I could get more clothes in with thinner ones.

ChishandFips33 Mon 20-Mar-17 20:28:48

Wooden IKEA for trousers/jeans

Felted for tops, dresses, coats and jumpers etc

Wooden clippy ones for skirts

Scarves are over a twangy rod (curtain tension rod) on a narrower shelf with my handbags and shoes

IKEA plastic in DH's wardrobe (I try not to go in there!) cheap but at least all the same! it's as much luxury as his clothes get

What shop hangers I have left I have in utility room for hanging wet others

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now