Outfit for a hen do

(11 Posts)
ladybirdsaidneveraword Mon 20-Mar-17 13:31:15

I am going to a friend's hen do in a couple of weeks- out for a meal and then dancing. I have no idea what to wear! I am 5'7 and size 14, and I am 10 years older than the bride, and desperately want to feel glamorous rather than her fat, older mumsy friend! Any ideas or recommendations?

Bibs2014 Mon 20-Mar-17 17:35:32

How old are you?

LadyOfTheCanyon Mon 20-Mar-17 17:42:55

What would you normally wear to go dancing? Wear that! I'm sure there will be people of all ages and sizes going but if all else fails black jeans, sparkly top, ankle boots, great jewellery.

bijouxxx Mon 20-Mar-17 18:01:36

Black skinnys, and a nice top with either nice flats or boots? No need for heels if you don't want to wear them.

ladybirdsaidneveraword Mon 20-Mar-17 18:15:03

I'm 37. And very rarely go dancing! Do you think sparkly/glittery pointy flats would be ok? My sister tells me I should wear heels... but then I end up feel by grumpy because my feet hurt!

BusterGonad Mon 20-Mar-17 18:50:33

I like the sound of your flats. Maybe a nice dress?

bijouxxx Mon 20-Mar-17 19:23:44

Flats sound lovely, honestly flats are better than wearing heels and being grumpy! I think some dresses don't always look right with flats though that's why I suggested jeans, although if you have a suitable dress their is no harm in trying them on together?

ladybirdsaidneveraword Mon 20-Mar-17 19:26:31

I agree- no one wants to be a grump! I will try on a few things and see. I have a couple of going-out black tops and I have black skinny jeans- maybe those with nice jewellery and sparkly flats- sound ok?

Jaimx86 Mon 20-Mar-17 19:33:54

Where are you going out to?

MaryLennoxsScowl Mon 20-Mar-17 20:28:22

Wear red lipstick and try Zara for an off the shoulder top to wear with your jeans? What's your best feature?

ladybirdsaidneveraword Mon 20-Mar-17 21:03:12

Shoulders maybe? I have a one shoulder black top, so might wear that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now