Talk

Advanced search

Are these shoes hideous?

(101 Posts)
BounceBounceSplishSplash Mon 20-Mar-17 13:01:37

Hello All

Am returning to work soon-ish from ML. I used to wear high heels no problem but since DD has been born I've lost the ability to walk in them grin I ordered these online out of curiousity and they arrived today.

I envisage wearing them witj slim fitting black ankle grazer trousers. They might also possibly go with black opaques.

All my work clothes are still up in the attic so I've only tried them on with skinny jeans. They actually looked quite nice with ankle skinnies but I can't imagine I'll wear them with those.

Will I be thinking I look quite chic but people will be secretly sniggering thinking I look like Miss Marple?

Feel like I've lost my style mojo a bit since DD has been born so I would appreciate your thoughts. You can be brutally honest grin

Thanks

Bumptoburp Mon 20-Mar-17 13:08:56

Hideous.

HTH wink

DavetheCat2001 Mon 20-Mar-17 13:09:38

I'm not keen.

skippy67 Mon 20-Mar-17 13:10:09

They're not nice.

Floggingmolly Mon 20-Mar-17 13:10:24

It's the heel...

itstheyearzero Mon 20-Mar-17 13:11:44

I like them smile

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 20-Mar-17 13:12:03

No

knowler Mon 20-Mar-17 13:14:05

I like them, and chunky heels are pretty fashionable at the mo - and immensely easier to walk in than skinnier heels. What job do you have?

BounceBounceSplishSplash Mon 20-Mar-17 13:15:24

Thanks so far grin have twisted my pale feet into an awkward position to get a photo of me wearing them. Never mind Miss Marple, I think the gold bit might look a bit Del Boy.

I want to like them as they're so comfy and a bit different (though maybe not in a good way grin )

BounceBounceSplishSplash Mon 20-Mar-17 13:17:03

Knowler it's not a job that involves a great deal of walking or standing. Corporate environment but more business-smart casual rather than corporate-corporate.

SundaysFundays Mon 20-Mar-17 13:17:05

Ooo! I love a shoe thread grin

I like the shoe, BUT there's something about the heel, can't quite put my finger on it 🤔.

justdontevenfuckingstart Mon 20-Mar-17 13:18:26

The shoe is nice, the heel is horrible.

WaitrosePigeon Mon 20-Mar-17 13:18:42

Hideous

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Mon 20-Mar-17 13:19:07

very Queen Mother.

they look very comfy, and I think that's the worst thing anyone can ever say about a shoe.
worse even than ugly.

SundaysFundays Mon 20-Mar-17 13:20:51

I think if you have big calves, then the heel will look nice on them. They look really nice on you by the way. I would buy the same style shoe but with a slimmer heel, but that's because I've got skinny legs. If I wear a chunky heel it makes my legs look like I've stuck my legs in a bucket.

The gold bar is fine. It looks just right.

NoLotteryWinYet Mon 20-Mar-17 13:20:56

not keen on the buckle, or the tassles. They'd look ok with trousers, perhaps, but they lack any sort of sex appeal. Why not go for some flat shoes that are a bit nicer? Not all flat shoes are hideous

ProseccoBitch Mon 20-Mar-17 13:21:55

Sorry OP but I think they look like something the Queen would wear.

knowler Mon 20-Mar-17 13:22:33

I love a comfy shoe, so probably best to ignore me on this thread grin

I was going to recommend these from M&S as an alternative - the heel is possibly a bit nicer - but I now see they've only got khaki left.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Mon 20-Mar-17 13:23:57

You're right. I like the idea of them but I think they just look a bit cheap (because they were TK Maxx grin) I think the style could work if the heel was a bit narrower and a smidge higher. Back they go.

Bluntness100 Mon 20-Mar-17 13:24:52

I like the heel and the shape, but the tassels and buckle make them a no from me, sorry op. If they were that shape without them I'd say yes they are nice...

NoLotteryWinYet Mon 20-Mar-17 13:26:53

go get a makeover in space NK if there's one near you - tell them you're returning to work, I got lots of freebies that way, then go buy something that's slightly over budget and gorgeous - that'll help get your mojo back. At least that's what I did...if you're on the fence about something you'll spend the whole day wondering if you've got mum tattooed on your face.

LadyOfTheCanyon Mon 20-Mar-17 13:28:23

Awful unless you work somewhere so boringly corporate that these will be positively cutting edge.
It's the heel. It's the way they widen at the bottom. I'm having 90s flashbacks and not in a good way.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Mon 20-Mar-17 13:28:51

I tried those ones on when they first came out knowler and they just didn't look right on my feet. I bought a similar-ish pair in suede though with a slightly lower heel which are my new going out shoe. Not that I ever really get out at the moment grin

Floisme Mon 20-Mar-17 13:30:23

Like the heel (although too high for me). Don't like the rest of the shoe.
But then I think Miss Marple is pretty cool so make of that what you will.

FagAshMIL Mon 20-Mar-17 13:32:40

Very Gucci. I like them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now