Talk

Advanced search

Next summer linen blend dresses

(40 Posts)
rollonthesummer Mon 20-Mar-17 12:56:01

I have just bought two from Next and thought I'd write a little recommendation to anyone who was after one!

I bought this

navy

which I am keeping-it's lovely. Just above the knee (I'm 5 3) so I'm glad I didn't get the petite! Sizing is generous, so I sized down which fits perfectly. It's very flattering-lovely sleeves and no need to wear anything underneath. It also has POCKETS which is very exciting!

I also bought this

yellow

which I really love. Again-I sized down. It's knee length and very pretty (though no pockets) but it's rather see-through sad I could wear a vest underneath it, but that sort of defeats the object of a summery dress, so sadly it is going back.

HTH someone looking for something for the summer!

Aderyn2016 Mon 20-Mar-17 18:20:46

I bought the navy one too. Am a size 16 but the 14 was ample big enough. It is fab. Just wish it came in more plain colours. I would like a nice maroon or dark green.

MountainDweller Mon 20-Mar-17 18:41:12

Ooh I really like those. Shame the yellow one is see through! What's the fabric like? Soft or stiff? I like linen but sometimes it can be a bit stiff and scratchy sad

ArriettyClock1 Mon 20-Mar-17 18:51:38

I had 2 of these last summer and wore them so much - they're so flattering and easy.

I am going to buy the white one and wear nude (or no) underwear.

I am a 12 and bought 12s, and they are very roomy.

rookiemere Mon 20-Mar-17 18:55:11

I bought a couple of lovely Next linen dresses last year. Sadly the black one hasn't washed well.

I saw the yellow floral one in the shop and thought it looked nice, but sadly a bit boxy for me. I might get the white one in navy.

AngelsWithSilverWings Mon 20-Mar-17 19:30:10

I'm tempted by the navy one. What's the bust fitting like? Is it fairly generous?

chrispenrallt1 Mon 20-Mar-17 19:31:09

Just to say that Peacocks have some lovely linen dresses very similar to the next dresses ( I have 5) they are £20 and lined ! But no pockets

Bejazzled Mon 20-Mar-17 19:31:46

I've bought several of them in different colours over the past 3 summers. I only wear them on holiday so they last a long time. eBay is great for picking up bargains too.

Bejazzled Mon 20-Mar-17 19:35:09

Jaeger Outlet has a good extra sale on just now, I got a lovely linen shift for £20 and this beauty for £29, very very flattering on me.

Bejazzled Mon 20-Mar-17 19:36:30

Forgot the picture ...

Lalsy Mon 20-Mar-17 20:04:50

They are lovely. With the navy one, when you say no need to wear anything underneath, do you mean a bra? Trying to work out the cut out at the back....

Euphemia Mon 20-Mar-17 20:07:05

I'm glad they've brought out more colours! They look great for summer hols.

rollonthesummer Mon 20-Mar-17 22:40:42

To answer questions...

Boob area has plenty of room-I'm a 34ff and it houses my bust fine. When I said it doesn't need anything underneath-I meant a vest or anything. I would still wear a bra and no, you can't see lots of bra showing.

Did I mention it has pockets? grin

The yellow one is slightly more stiff than the blue. And a lot more expensive. It is a lovely pattern though.

Lalsy Tue 21-Mar-17 08:45:08

Thank you, I will investigate. Am thinking bra strap will show at the back and I am too old to carry that off smile.

chocolateavocado99 Tue 21-Mar-17 10:39:28

Bejazzled, I really like that dress. How tall are you and does it fit to size? Thanks

AngelsWithSilverWings Tue 21-Mar-17 12:48:14

I gave into temptation and ordered the blue one. It just arrived - Next delivery is amazing isn't it?

It fits beautifully. I have to say that if I'd seen it hanging up in the shop I wouldn't have even tried it on as it looks shapeless on the hanger.

I ordered my usual size 12 as I didn't think the 10 would fit around the bust area. It hangs really nicely on me and as I'm a typical apple shape it hides the tummy area and makes me looks lots slimmer. The length is perfect on me ( I'm 5 ft 4)

No bra showing and the cut out detail at the back is higher than bra strap level.

I'm probably going to get another one in a different colour. Thanks for the recommendation OP 😀

AngelsWithSilverWings Tue 21-Mar-17 13:09:17

Just ordered the white version plus a long line vest to wear under it as I think it will be too see through without it.

Lalsy Tue 21-Mar-17 14:28:45

I have ordered the blue. Fingers crossed.

Bejazzled Tue 21-Mar-17 17:50:27

chocolateadvocado
I'm 5'4. Size down they are generous.

chocolateavocado99 Wed 22-Mar-17 10:28:17

Thank you!

Lalsy Thu 23-Mar-17 10:32:03

Well, mine came and has to go back...my bra strap does show (5 ft 3), with a top underneath it looks odd, and also the shape looks lovely off but when I put it on it looks like old-fashioned school uniform grin.

AngelsWithSilverWings Thu 23-Mar-17 14:04:40

How strange! My white one arrived with the long line vest and there is no bra strap visible and it looks awful on the hanger but nice when on.

Lalsy Thu 23-Mar-17 14:55:56

I know! The bra strap wouldn't show if I were a little taller I think. But I lowered its tone by putting it on smile.

rollonthesummer Thu 23-Mar-17 18:20:22

How strange-I am the same height as you and my bra strap doesn't show. We must be different shapes!

Lalsy Thu 23-Mar-17 18:30:05

Odd isn't it? Our height - such as it is - must be distributed differently. I do usually find bottoms easier than tops so maybe I am unusually dumpy up top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now