New fringe - help!

(5 Posts)
iismum Mon 20-Mar-17 06:31:46

I've got long wavy/curly stubborn hair which I use the curly girl method on. Yesterday, kind of on the spur of the moment, I got a fringe cut. I was really chuffed with it yesterday - all sleek from the hairdressers. Today I woke up with it all over the place. I can't find my straighters - which I haven't used for ages - anywhere, so had a go with the hairdryer. Disaster! I've wet it and redried it about three times and whatever I do it just dries with a massive flick at the end - aghhh!

Right now I'm wearing it tied back with Kirby grips and am desperate for some tips on how to deal with it. Will it be easy once I find/buy straighteners? Is there a special tip to it? Should I be putting stuff on it first (but keen to avoid this because of curly girl method).

I also travel a lot so need something small that I can take with me to tame it. Aghh, maybe this was a mistake!

NotTheOtherEmily Mon 20-Mar-17 12:48:41

Sali Hughes has great advice on this. Her method basically involves brushing from side to side as you dry - Google!

NotTheOtherEmily Mon 20-Mar-17 12:50:27

www.salihughesbeauty.com/videos/video-fringes/

Cakescakescakes Mon 20-Mar-17 12:51:19

Yes google the Sali Hughes fringe video. And get straighteners. I have wavy hair too and dry my fringe like sali then straighten it turning the ends under ever so slightly and it sits really well. (I have Remington straightened that heat to 235 degrees and we're cheap as chips from boots and are excellent). I love mine once I got the hang of it. The only downside is getting it trimmed in between cuts. My hairdresser does it for free in 2 mins but just means a trip to the salon.

iismum Mon 20-Mar-17 14:52:31

Great video, thanks for that. I'm off to get a cheap fake M&P brush.

What about if I want my fringe a bit wavy? Any tips for that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now