Talk

Advanced search

Dyson hairdryer

(11 Posts)
rollonthesummer Sun 19-Mar-17 23:04:04

Has anyone got one of these and were they worth the ££££?!

mumgointhroughtorture Sun 19-Mar-17 23:10:43

All the people I know with them or have heard about them have had mixed reviews. Some have said they love it and others say it's not much quicker than a cheaper hair dryer. I guess it's up to personal opinion if you can afford £300 for a hairdryer .

bringonyourwreckingball Sun 19-Mar-17 23:15:04

DH bought me mine for my birthday and I love it. I have very thick hair which takes an age to dry. I'm not sure it would be worth the money for normal hair though

BonnesVacances Sun 19-Mar-17 23:27:52

It came top on Shop Well For Less? this week, tested by hairdressers.

Larastheme Mon 20-Mar-17 10:26:12

Not worth it, and I'm regretting it now, even on the lightest setting its very powerful, my hair felt extremely dry after using it for a couple of times, like all the moisture was sucked out !
I'm back to using my old GHD,

knowler Mon 20-Mar-17 13:18:26

I love it - I wash my hair every day and am always in a massive rush in the mornings, so the time saving (which is very impressive) is worth the £ for me. It's very light, very quick, much quieter and looks pretty cool. Yes, it's an awful lot of money, but if you can afford to spend £300, then yes I'd recommend it.

OkeyDokeyPigAndAPokey Mon 20-Mar-17 17:11:47

Appalling. I had a bad hair day every single day. I took it back to John Lewis after a month for a refund and said it wasn't worth £30 let alone £300.

ShowMeTheWayHome Mon 20-Mar-17 17:13:27

I bought it, tried it once and took it back. Really not worth the money.

HolditFinger Mon 20-Mar-17 17:16:05

I love mine! The best bit is that my DD isn't scared of it as it's quieter. I've never been able to do my hair with her around until I got a Dyson.

41coffeeslater Mon 20-Mar-17 17:16:50

Love it. I have long thick hair and it's much quicker to dry and smoother, I think.

highinthesky Mon 20-Mar-17 17:18:42

A poster on another thread mentioned that she'd booked a wash and blowdry at the Oxford St Dyson store in order to try the device. It seems like a v sensible option to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now