Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Dyson hairdryer

(11 Posts)
rollonthesummer Sun 19-Mar-17 23:04:04

Has anyone got one of these and were they worth the ££££?!

mumgointhroughtorture Sun 19-Mar-17 23:10:43

All the people I know with them or have heard about them have had mixed reviews. Some have said they love it and others say it's not much quicker than a cheaper hair dryer. I guess it's up to personal opinion if you can afford £300 for a hairdryer .

bringonyourwreckingball Sun 19-Mar-17 23:15:04

DH bought me mine for my birthday and I love it. I have very thick hair which takes an age to dry. I'm not sure it would be worth the money for normal hair though

BonnesVacances Sun 19-Mar-17 23:27:52

It came top on Shop Well For Less? this week, tested by hairdressers.

Larastheme Mon 20-Mar-17 10:26:12

Not worth it, and I'm regretting it now, even on the lightest setting its very powerful, my hair felt extremely dry after using it for a couple of times, like all the moisture was sucked out !
I'm back to using my old GHD,

knowler Mon 20-Mar-17 13:18:26

I love it - I wash my hair every day and am always in a massive rush in the mornings, so the time saving (which is very impressive) is worth the £ for me. It's very light, very quick, much quieter and looks pretty cool. Yes, it's an awful lot of money, but if you can afford to spend £300, then yes I'd recommend it.

OkeyDokeyPigAndAPokey Mon 20-Mar-17 17:11:47

Appalling. I had a bad hair day every single day. I took it back to John Lewis after a month for a refund and said it wasn't worth £30 let alone £300.

ShowMeTheWayHome Mon 20-Mar-17 17:13:27

I bought it, tried it once and took it back. Really not worth the money.

HolditFinger Mon 20-Mar-17 17:16:05

I love mine! The best bit is that my DD isn't scared of it as it's quieter. I've never been able to do my hair with her around until I got a Dyson.

41coffeeslater Mon 20-Mar-17 17:16:50

Love it. I have long thick hair and it's much quicker to dry and smoother, I think.

highinthesky Mon 20-Mar-17 17:18:42

A poster on another thread mentioned that she'd booked a wash and blowdry at the Oxford St Dyson store in order to try the device. It seems like a v sensible option to me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: