Talk

Advanced search

Jeans 2017

(10 Posts)
AteRiri Sun 19-Mar-17 19:04:30

What's on trend?

I can wear most styles, except mom jeans. I am tall and straight-ish shaped.

AddToBasket Sun 19-Mar-17 19:10:16

Cropped, obvs. but I'm cheap so I'm rolling mine up

Boyfriend/Girlfriend. I'm still seeing a lot of stylish people in skinnies though. I think it is the inside-the-boot thing. All the twenty somethings are still in them too, it isn't a mum-out-of-date thing.

PNGirl Sun 19-Mar-17 23:23:36

Basically everything here.

m.topshop.com/en/tsuk/category/meet-your-new-jeans-4094023/home

I'm in Jamies most of the time or rolled Levi 501s. I mean... "trendy" trendy is those horrible cropped wide legs or flares flapping about your shins but I think they look horrific.

cliffdiver Mon 20-Mar-17 08:42:20

Floral print and pastel colours.

whatwoulddexterdo Mon 20-Mar-17 08:50:58

What's a mom Jean?

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 20-Mar-17 13:34:27

Much as some bloggers would have us believe, I don't think skinnies are dead/dying - but maybe the way they're worn is changing. Everything is slightly shorter. (I do think jeans tucked into boots is over for now and while practical, looks dated.)

I have got some cropped straight legs for spring/summer, which I'll be wearing with bare ankles and trainers, and I still like a mom jean (which is a high waisted peg leg, dexter). I've also bought some wide-leg, cropped trousers as an alternative to jeans.

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 20-Mar-17 14:58:54

Everything I've found has been skinny, super skinny, straight or boyfriendy. I only really wear flares (categorically not trendy, but skinny just make me look like a parsnip) and I have scoured the shops and Internet to no avail.

whatwoulddexterdo Tue 21-Mar-17 20:37:46

Oh well I like skinnies tucked into boots and they suit me so ill carry on
Thanks for explanation Judy

AteRiri Wed 22-Mar-17 08:42:54

I don't think skinnies are dead/dying

I've been waiting for skinnies to die, and they're still going strong!

Floisme Wed 22-Mar-17 09:04:52

A new jeans shape always takes ages to catch on because it's a change of silhouette so calls for different tops, shoes etc. Even more so with skinnies cos they're so useful when it rains.

I think skinnies are on their way down but they could still be around a few more years, just like we didn't instantly ditch our boot cuts when skinnies first came back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now