We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

18 th birthday party what to wear dilemma

(7 Posts)
TiredyMcTired Sun 19-Mar-17 17:55:51

I'm after some style advice on what to wear for my nieces 18th birthday party. I'm in my late 40's and have recently lost quite a bit of weight, I'm used to choosing clothes based on what would camouflage me. I'm now at the weight I want to be but I am still trying to figure out what to wear in general let alone for going out - I don't have much of a social life, as I wouldn't go out much when I was bigger and I've almost always stuck to black when I did venture out.

I want to wear something lovely, but I don't want to embarrass my niece by looking like I'm trying to be 18, or on the other hand looking frumpy.

I've got an 'hourglass' figure, although I'm a bit more in proportion now I've lost weight.

If anyone could give me some idea of what is fashionable and would suit the event I'd really appreciate it!

Lucked Sun 19-Mar-17 17:59:25

Wiggle dresses are great for hourglasses

Lucked Sun 19-Mar-17 18:01:23

oasis, it comes in other colours

Lucked Sun 19-Mar-17 18:10:04

Loads on asos

TiredyMcTired Sun 19-Mar-17 19:03:13

Ooo, luckedI love the one from Oasis, it's a gorgeous colour. There are some similar ones in red and orange on the Oasis site, which I think would suit me.
I'm not sure whether I would wear tights with dresses like these? Would black tights be a no no? Black shoes?

Lucked Sun 19-Mar-17 21:43:12

I think you could wear black but nude tights would be better. according to mumsnet nude fishnets or micro nets are flattering but I have yet to try it myself!

TiredyMcTired Sun 19-Mar-17 23:09:03

Nude fishnets or micro nets? Didn't know such things existed, will have to google!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now