Talk

Advanced search

Do supplements etc for skin, wrinkles etc work?

(12 Posts)
Miloarmadillo1 Sun 19-Mar-17 17:09:57

I am 42 and I look like an old bag. People keep telling me I look tired (and I am, all the time). I have had my hair cut and highlighted but my skin looks old, I have eye bags and wrinkles. I already use day moisturiser with SPF and a nighttime one, supposedly to fight ageing. My diet is ok, could be better.
What, if anything, works to make me look less like a corpse?

specialsubject Sun 19-Mar-17 19:47:05

Get more sleep, eat properly, slap rude people.

You do not look like a corpse.

QueenJulian Sun 19-Mar-17 20:06:56

My skin looked quite glowy when I was taking vitamin d3 and efamol (evening primrose oil). I think being hydrated probably helps a lot too so try drinking more water. And special is right, good sleep works wonders!

QueenJulian Sun 19-Mar-17 20:13:51

Oh and I use a separate spf every day. It's only a Boots Soltan facial one, factor 30, after moisturiser but I think it's helped a lot.

Littleballerina Sun 19-Mar-17 20:15:28

CC Cream is my new best friend. I look glowy but not made up.

SuperBeagle Sun 19-Mar-17 20:17:09

Lots of water! 2L a day is generally what you should aim for.

Add rosehip oil and a good night cream (doesn't have to be expensive - I love the Nivea Pure and Natural one) into your skincare routine at night.

Rumtopf Sun 19-Mar-17 20:18:56

Get enough sleep, eat a diet rich in vegetables, fruit and healthy fats, drink enough water (this has the hugest impact on my skin), I take a hair skin and nails supplement, use face cream with spf30 every day, and a face oil every night before bed which then soaks in.

Oh and tell the rude people to bugger off, I'm sure you don't look like a corpse!

QueenJulian Sun 19-Mar-17 20:25:12

Also, have you had your iron levels checked? Anaemia can make you feel bone tired and look like death

YNK Sun 19-Mar-17 20:30:43

Only prescription strength retinA crème is scientifically proven to work.

skincarejunkie Sun 19-Mar-17 20:33:43

Yes to the anaemia check. The Roger & Gallet Aura Mirabilis Beauty Vinegar and Double Extract are very brightening and improve texture enormously. Sadly, less alcohol, more veg works well too! Eye gel kept in the fridge. SBC collagen serum works wonders on deeper lines. (better than really expensive ones) I'm sure you look lovely already though. smile

Miloarmadillo1 Mon 20-Mar-17 19:56:40

Ooh, lots of replies, thank you all! Nobody has quite been rude enough to say I look like a corpse but I have had a lot of "oh you look tired, are you ok?". I will follow up the iron suggestion as I am often borderline anaemic. New Spring resolution to drink more water....more sleep would be lovely!

fiorentina Mon 20-Mar-17 20:42:33

I was going to ask a similar question, good advice. I need to make some similar changes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now