Talk

Advanced search

Buckingham Palace garden party

(7 Posts)
FitbitAddict Sun 19-Mar-17 16:28:44

DH has been invited and, unlike all his black tie events that I never get to attend, I'm actually his +1 for this one! I have a pale blue Coast dress I bought last year but haven't worn so it's time for an outing.

I need shoes - I guess wedges or fairly flat? From what I can remember we're talking grass or gravel so heels are not an option. Plus bag, hat/fascinator and although I have a cardigan that co-ordinates perfectly I'm guessing this an occasion where a jacket is required! I'd rather not spend a fortune on a jacket I probably won't wear again though.

Any suggestions and guidance welcome. The event is late May so might be pleasantly warm but not necessarily a day when I can cope in short sleeves - I'm a bit of a wimp!

Ponks Sun 19-Mar-17 17:02:34

You'll see a wide variety of outfits but probably jacket will be a good idea. No need to spend ££ though, I went a couple of years ago and wore an Oasis jersey dress with M&S linen jacket (and a hat). Didn't feel out of place 🙂. Hope you have a great time.

ihatethecold Sun 19-Mar-17 17:14:15

Oohhh. What date are you going op?
I'm going this may.
My DH works there and has been given an invite to say thank you for his work before he retires.
I'm thinking of wearing a knee length blue lace dress with 3/4 length sleeves.

ihatethecold Sun 19-Mar-17 17:14:42

I've no idea what to put in my head.

ihatethecold Sun 19-Mar-17 17:14:54

On not in!!

LHReturns Sun 19-Mar-17 17:27:20

OP when I went I went for the slim belted trench coat over dress look (have tried to attach a photo). I felt good.

I did actually wear heels (I wear heels all day every day) but I probably wouldn't again - it was a lovely day and it would have been nice to walk around the gardens more.

You will see SO many looks there - 100s and 100s people there. But it is a lovely occasion, and so much fun to take it all in. Lots of good people watching!

LHReturns Sun 19-Mar-17 17:28:06

Go for a glass of champagne at The Goring hotel just before or after - makes it even more fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now