Talk

Advanced search

any idea of how i could revamp my work wardrobe?

(3 Posts)
therootoftheroot Sun 19-Mar-17 14:31:14

work in a primary school
have recently had two different children comment on two different items of clothing ' Oh my nan has got that...'

cue me going hmm and sad

a typical day can involve climbing ladders, kneeling down a lot, using paint/playdough, sitting on very small chairs, reaching over children, meeting other adults in a professional capacity etc

can't show shoulders or cleavage
leggings are frowned on
must be layered because can be very hot then five minutes later very cold

have always worn [in the winter and spring] black trousers, black boots and various shirts and chunky cardigans.

am a bit depressed at thought it all being very dull and old looking.

am 5'11
size 20
quite norky

RedMetamorphosis Sun 19-Mar-17 18:23:38

Could you mix up the styles/colours a bit? So sticking with trousers, shirts and chunky cardi, but different style trousers?

Gap have money off chinos/khakis at the moment in various different colours - like these with a shirt. Maybe with a blazer over the top.

My sister is a similar size and has a few of these shirts in different colours. We've also both just bought the same top - here which is great with black/navy trousers.

Perhaps order a few jersey blazers and wear them with your current clothes instead of the cardigans and see how they look. I normally turn to blazers when I'm wanting to freshen up my work wardrobe. River Island have some great ones at the moment.

therootoftheroot Sun 19-Mar-17 18:36:56

love the gap shirt
have just spotted some nice slim fitting trousers there too so might get them
might look younger than my current ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now