Wedding guest and breastfeeding.

(14 Posts)
Muppet75 Sun 19-Mar-17 14:26:42

Hi everybody. I've got a wedding to attend on April and can't find anything to wear!! The wedding is a posh do held at midday. I've not idea where to look, my problem is that I'm breastfeeding, so need a dress that have easy boob access but it's still elegant. I'm a size 8 very petite in height. Any ideas where to look? Tia

SisterMoonshine Sun 19-Mar-17 14:31:58

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/maternity-clothes/nursing-dresses.html
I got a dress from Jojo Maman Bebe for an occasion once and was happy with it.

dontpokethebear Sun 19-Mar-17 14:33:06

www.tiffanyrose.com/maternity/clothes/nursing.html

www.seraphine.com/nursing-clothes/nursing-dresses.html

I have had a couple of dresses from Tiffany Rose and they are very flattering and easy to feed in. But more importantly, they are not at all frumpy, but very elegant.

CurlsLDN Sun 19-Mar-17 14:33:06

I love a top and skirt combo! Oasis usually have some gorgeous things along those lines. Here's some image inspiration to show what I'm picturing...

farm1.staticflickr.com/461/19369703359_423e7619a8_o.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/07/da/48/07da48b66eee0cb05bcc75d5c0f6cd6f.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0b/6c/a2/0b6ca2da0b2edecfa9505664765a1146.jpg

Muppet75 Sun 19-Mar-17 15:43:24

sister, I had a look there but don't they look too casual for a wedding?. Bear, thanks for the link, I'll have a good look there. Curls, those combos look that my kind of thing, but I still carry a bit of a belly, so not sure if they'll fit nicely on me.....

ceepeeree Sun 19-Mar-17 17:03:40

I got a nursing dress from here a few years ago. Really stylish and flattering mothersenvogue.com

Hobbitch Sun 19-Mar-17 17:05:42

Frugi does pretty and comfy breastfeeding dresses.

SingingGoldfinch Sun 19-Mar-17 17:14:36

I went to a wedding when ds was 5 months old and I was bf'ing. I I wore a jersey wrap dress with a camisole underneath - really easy to pull dress down and camisole/vest up to feed without revealing too much. There are lots of really pretty jersey wrap dresses around - try Boden, they have a sale at the mo.

CurlsLDN Sun 19-Mar-17 17:22:49

I would say that a full skirt like those above would be the best possible thing for a post baby tum!

Muppet75 Sun 19-Mar-17 21:29:05

Thanks for your replies, girls.

silkpyjamasallday Mon 20-Mar-17 21:39:36

Hello, I'm in a similar position (and size) to you, wedding in May and bf dd. I generally find clothes specifically for feeding are pretty unflattering and frumpy, and just tend to look for things which I can easily feed in but that I will actually wear again. I have got a slinky, strappy bias cut maxi dress which I can just slide off one side when feeding, and I got a triangle bra that fastens in the front so easy to clip/unclip without it being an actual breastfeeding bra, which tend to have the really wide straps which I don't need. I have a really big silk scarf to wrap around my shoulders and to use as a cover as it's a very conservative family and I don't want to cause a scene at a wedding, whereas usually I wouldn't bother.

Swearwolf Mon 20-Mar-17 21:47:15

Don't spend time looking for a proper nursing dress, they're all casual and all cut for super tall women! I'd find a nice wrapover dress from somewhere like Oasis, with a short vest underneath which can be lifted up to preserve modesty (or a Feed me Mummy vest, they are ace). Like this

NotWithoutMyMerkin Mon 20-Mar-17 21:48:57

Mamalicious do some dressy dresses that are bf friendly

Rinceoir Mon 20-Mar-17 22:35:01

How old is baby and how comfortable are you feeding in public?

Would you wear something like this? Could pop a boob out, throw a muslin over shoulder and nothing would be seen. I wore similar to an event when DD was 5 months old and went down well but not sure I'd have had the confidence when she was younger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now