Talk

Advanced search

Help! I really need a black ribbon style belt

(9 Posts)
Jaimx86 Sun 19-Mar-17 13:52:19

I purchased this dress online and it arrived without the belt. I was offered a 20% refund or the delivery of the belt. I took the refund, and now regret it as I can't find a belt like it. The sash style belts are too chunky for it. Can anyone recommend where I should look, or an alternative belt, please?

DandelionAndBedrock Sun 19-Mar-17 13:54:00

Could you not just buy a black grosgrain ribbon?

DandelionAndBedrock Sun 19-Mar-17 13:54:49

Sorry - that sounded a bit snarky. What I mean is, does it need to cinch the dress properly like a belt? Or would a ribbon work?

Losgunna Sun 19-Mar-17 13:57:57

It's literally just a ribbon. Just buy some long/wide enough and seal the end with a bit of clear nail polish

Jaimx86 Sun 19-Mar-17 14:02:02

I was thinking about ribbon but wasn't sure if it would fray on cutting, if the clear polish was noticeable I wouldn't really want to wear it - however, this could be a back up to try if I can't find anything else.

Jaimx86 Sun 19-Mar-17 14:03:08

Dandelion, it doesn't need to act as a belt as such, it just breaks up the colour and there's a change in pattern on the dress where it should be.

Losgunna Sun 19-Mar-17 14:12:35

I seal all my ribbons with clear polish (used to do ballet) and it's totally invisible when it's dry smile

Losgunna Sun 19-Mar-17 14:13:56

You just need a tiny bit of the very end, drag end of the ribbon across the brush rather than painting it on Iyswim

Jaimx86 Sun 19-Mar-17 16:32:51

That's great! Thank you. Saved me a lot of time and money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now