Too old for the braless look with this top so...

(16 Posts)
othersideof40 Sun 19-Mar-17 09:52:58

What colour top would you suggest under it?
I posted that i bought this top yesterday, it is bare at the back as you can tell on photo, im not brave enough to go braless and have my whole white back showing!! Maybe in the summer with a tan!
so i was thinking about a vest top under to cover the bottom, so do i go for a nude vest top of try and match the colour of my top?
Such a ditherer when it comes to decisions 😂

JonesyAndTheSalad Sun 19-Mar-17 09:56:01

I would never buy a backless top if I wasn't happy braless or with a stick on bra.

Basically they just look awkward with tops underneath. That negates the whole point of the top.

It's plain like it is because the interest lies at the back. If you wear a vest, then you might just as well be wearing a plain, long sleeved t shirt.

JonesyAndTheSalad Sun 19-Mar-17 09:56:37

Also, if that's you in the pic, you look great. Just get some stick on bra cups!

doughnutobssession Sun 19-Mar-17 09:57:55

Get a strap which makes any bra low back like this www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171055367855

othersideof40 Sun 19-Mar-17 10:03:37

No its not me i the pic!

Rockaby Sun 19-Mar-17 10:09:33

I agree with jonesy tbh. I would just brave it, get a spray tan (real tans are so over wink) and go braless! Those sticky bra cups will be grand.

It would just look weird with a top or bra underneath if it is totally bare at the back. If it's just bare halfway down though, then there will be a type of bra which sits lower or use those adapter strap thingies as dough suggested.

othersideof40 Sun 19-Mar-17 10:11:53

Ok maybe its not the top for me 😢 just so stressed trying to find a nice top for a night out

milkysmum Sun 19-Mar-17 10:15:06

Sorry I don't think it would look good with a top under neath it. Can you post a pic of you wearing it maybe so we can help assess how it looks and maybe reassure you?

Rockaby Sun 19-Mar-17 10:20:35

You'd be surprised how easy it is to go braless. I am quite large of nork and occasionally brave it. When I was younger and had a better my pre-DC figure, I wouldn't have had the moxie to do it, but these days I do. Nobody screams and runs in the opposite direction or anything, so must be alright grin.

That said, if you just don't feel good going braless, then I'd probably keep hunting for a different top (sorry). I bet you look fab though smile.

othersideof40 Sun 19-Mar-17 10:23:25

Sorry no im brave enough. Now im in a panic as i need a top for Saturday. I just want something thats not all over the high street

rollonthesummer Sun 19-Mar-17 11:07:18

I don't think you can wear a top like that with a bra.

Dowser Sun 19-Mar-17 11:55:32

I hate seeing women out with a backless top, or tops with a slit up the back and bra back fastenings on show.
It's so wrong and really what's the point.
I'd find a pretty top that you can be comfortable in with your usual underwear on.

Lenny1980 Sun 19-Mar-17 12:03:54

If you really love the top you could go for a bandeau type of top, so you just see a strip of fabric across the back, not bra strap. I would go for white for this.

TheMasterNotMargarita Sun 19-Mar-17 12:04:20

I'm going against everyone else.
I think it's lovely and although it would be better bra less I'd go for a thin camisole underneath if the low strap adapter thing won't work.

If you can match the top good if not I'd go for white rather than nude I think (but I have a bit of an issue with nude it would be fine if thats what you prefer).

I have a black top like this and I wear a black vest with hidden support inside so no need for seperate bra. I've had good comments when I wore it so don't see the issue.

Or a string bikini top?? I've done that many years ago under random things but maybe that's a step too far!

JonesyAndTheSalad Sun 19-Mar-17 12:08:28

The Ultimo Miracle Body would work OP.

www.next.co.uk/style/st030616#903194

othersideof40 Sun 19-Mar-17 14:04:11

I wouldnt go out with my bra on show. Thats why im thinking of a cami top, that covers my bra and below. Or maybe i should just go back and look againconfused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now