Talk

Advanced search

Radiofrequency skin tightening for face

(15 Posts)
Jmangel Sun 19-Mar-17 09:13:17

Just wondering if anyone has tried this and what kind of results were achieved.
I went for a consultation at a clinic recommended by a MN, Dr Nyla in Wilmslow, for fillers but she said I was too young (!!! I'm 44) and should consider skin tightening first using an Exilis Elite machine. She thinks it would help with my sagging around my mouth and also my eye bags so I'm definitely interested. It costs £750 for a course of 6 treatments though so would like some personal recs first if possible.
The reviews I have found online are mixed and a lot seem to be company endorsed so to take with a pinch of salt. Anyone had this treatment or any other radiofrequency machine - there appear to be around 6 in the salon market.

Truckingalong Sun 19-Mar-17 14:31:56

I went to dr nyla last month and she said I needed this too before any fillers. I'm 45. I decided to research it first and I found lots of horror stories about it on line and so decided not to go with it. I'm seeing someone else next week, as I have to say I wasn't that struck with the clinic either.

Jmangel Sun 19-Mar-17 17:29:57

Ooh interesting. Now wondering if it's a standard thing she says to get us to book more procedures as if it didn't work, I'd still need the fillers anyway.
Where are you going to try next?
What horror stories did you read about Exilis? I did read loads of horror stories about the other machine she was trying to shill which was Ultherapy - wouldn't touch that one with a barge pole, but I haven't read anything dangerous about Exilis?
Anyone else had a radiofrequency treatment?

Jmangel Sun 19-Mar-17 21:01:20

Shameless bump!

Truckingalong Sun 19-Mar-17 21:18:26

Oh, I'm getting mixed up then - I meant ultherapy. That's what she recommended and the one I read the horror stories about. 😳 I'm going to Dr Raphael at the Consulting Clinic in Liverpool.

Truckingalong Sun 19-Mar-17 21:18:56

Consultant, not consulting.

Dontsayyouloveme Sun 19-Mar-17 22:58:34

I had Elixis Elite with dr nyla, round my eyes before botox. Reason being my eyes were very crepey and wrinkly so she suggested that first to plump out the lines And boost collagen production. I loved it. I noticed an improvement after the first session! It also almost gave me a brow loudly which was good. Wondering if it was me that recommended Dr nyla? I have heard recently from other professionals that she is rather hard sell, which Im sure I I did hint at in a previous comment of mine. If I could find someone else that did the Elixis elite I'd deffo get it done again!

MancMum01 Mon 20-Mar-17 09:43:07

I am having skin tightening with Dr Nyla but I paid 1500 for course of 6 so maybe slightly different treatments - so far I am 5 in and I will be honest not noticed much difference - apparently it takes a few months to show up so I am reserving judgement until the course is over and then going to take some comparison photos 2 months later..

Jmangel Mon 20-Mar-17 20:11:16

Ooh Mancmum, could you feed back please (do you think you're having the Ultherapy as that was £1500 for a course of 6) and Dontsay that sounds very reassuring that you got results after just one Exilis treatment. I actually really liked Dr Nyla and thought she was quite refreshing but could just have been flattered that she thought I was too young for fillers lol! I think I remember your original post and iirc, you did say, take your credit card!!

Dontsayyouloveme Mon 20-Mar-17 23:10:53

OP - I meant to say brow lift not brow loudly!!! acyiallu I was kn the phone today to a skin clinic and she asked if I had anything done to my face before and I told her about elixir and she said 'ooooh yes, skin tightening is very good' . So I hope you do go for it and like it!

Jmangel Tue 21-Mar-17 09:53:09

Thanks dontsay, can I ask why you wouldn't go back to Dr Nyla? Also did you have 6 Exilis sessions and if so how long ago was that and do you still have a good lasting result from it? Dr Nyla suggested a 6 week course would last around 18-24 months - would you say that's true?

Dontsayyouloveme Tue 21-Mar-17 16:39:14

Jmangel - oh the only reason I wouldn't go back to Dr Nyla is the cost and the bit of hard sell at the end. No other reason as the treatment was great! I had four sessions round my eyes in March/April and then I should have had one more 9 months later which would have lasted like you said, two years. I didn't have the top up due to personal shit going on and money situation cos if Xmas, moving house etc. but I wished I had now. My eyes are a lot less wrinkly but I think it's possibly a combo of the Elixis and tear trough fillers! Let's say they look a damn sight better than they did this time last year before I started treatments!

Jmangel Tue 18-Apr-17 14:33:55

Just wanted to update as I'm 2 treatments in and loving the results. I found a salon in Northenden that use a Lynton Pro Max machine and got 6 course treatment for £340 so much much cheaper than Wilmslow prices the salon owner is lovely and very knowledgeable. So far my face is looking firmer, lifted and plumper and my eye bags have reduced by around fifty per cent so very happy. The treatment is definitely not very comfortable - I have to grimace through it and my face is quite red for a few hours after but so far I'm loving the results.
Will update after my 6 treatment course.

Dontsayyouloveme Tue 18-Apr-17 16:04:34

Jmangel - great to hear you are happy with your treatment! So have you had it done all over your face? X x

Jmangel Tue 18-Apr-17 17:11:25

Yes all over but she really focuses on my eye bags and jaw and cheeks. Very impressed so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now