Talk

Advanced search

Night out in London! What to wear

(8 Posts)
Champers4Pampers Sat 18-Mar-17 22:39:29

I'm going to visit my friend in London next month. We're going to see a comedian then out for drinks after.

I don't want to look over/under dressed. My friend is quite glamorous.

I'm mid 30s 5,6" size 10/12, not afraid of heels but not too high.

Any outfit suggestions welcome.

OhTheRoses Sat 18-Mar-17 22:44:51

It is much more casual than the Northern towns. Certainly no need for heels. Where are you going though?

Champers4Pampers Sat 18-Mar-17 22:51:32

The comedian is playing in Leicester sqr area so I think we'll be heading around there.

I remember when I moved to Birmingham for a short time and being surprised that people didn't really get dressed compared to where I'm from so certainly don't want to over do it!

OhTheRoses Sat 18-Mar-17 22:53:37

It will be full of scruffy tourists and very very busy.

skippy67 Sat 18-Mar-17 23:43:04

Exactly what Roses said.

Nightmanagerfan Sat 18-Mar-17 23:48:30

Leicester Sq is tourist central so you will see all sorts. But Londoners don't dress up as much as in other places - if I was going to comedy then drinks I'd wear nice top/necklace and do my hair, with black jeans and maybe ankle boots.

DelphiniumBlue Sat 18-Mar-17 23:59:06

I am a Londoner and I'd wear something like black jeans, leather jacket, maybe DMs or silver converse, fairly casual but maybe red lipstick.
When I went with my 18 year old niece to a comedy club in central London recently, she wore black leggings, hoodie ,trainers, but big hair and lots of makeup. Her mum wore jeans, heeled boots and a quilted jacket. All of us fitted in.
HTH.

user1471545174 Sun 19-Mar-17 19:48:09

Keep to flats so you can move through crowds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now