Talk

Advanced search

Any hoarders here? What's the worst thing you've done?

(16 Posts)
AteRiri Sat 18-Mar-17 20:46:15

I just hoarded saltwater sandals on sale and now I have five of each colour I want. (Plus 1 more white, which I am currently using)

I know I will end up returning them.

But am I alone in this compulsion? What's your story?

Expellibramus Sat 18-Mar-17 20:47:49

I know this is not the right response, but where are they on sale? grin

AteRiri Sat 18-Mar-17 20:49:42

where are they on sale?

:P

Here

I'm in Australia.

PhoenixJasmine Sat 18-Mar-17 20:50:09

Do you mean one pair in each of five colours? Or five red ones, five black ones, six white ones??? The latter would be pretty impressive.

highinthesky Sat 18-Mar-17 20:54:59

Nothing wrong with buying multiples of shoes that suit you. I do it all the time, and then wear the hell out of them.

CoolCarrie Sat 18-Mar-17 20:56:21

I think if you find something that suits you and can afford to it is worth getting it in lots of colours. I have done this with vest tops, shirts and shoes.

AteRiri Sat 18-Mar-17 21:03:17

No, four black, six white, one tan. I don't like the other colours.

I wear the current one all the time (like everyday this Summer - I'm in Australia) so I went crazy when I saw them almost half off.

PhoenixJasmine Sat 18-Mar-17 21:16:29

Wowza. How long does a pair last you?

I have six pairs of the same trousers (six different colours/patterns) the same jeans in 3 colours, vests/tshirts in every colour they do, and the same dress style in about 5 different fabrics/patterns..... but not the actual same stuff! Not for non-work wear at least.

Shoes last me years and years.... even my go-to ones last 2 years or so. That's at least a decade worth of sandals you've got there!

Not a bad or a good thing as you're clearly very happy grin just gobsmacked/impressed!

AteRiri Sat 18-Mar-17 21:55:17

Last summer, I bought one from Payless (non-leather ones) and by the end of the summer, it was really dirty and falling apart.

The pair I'm wearing now, I've just been wearing for maybe a month. I find it very comfortable, and I wear this all the time. I've always wanted a pair but couldn't buy one for the original price ($89 here).

I really actually went crazy. Like I said, I'd probably end up returning most of them. But you know what you're right, they do make me happy.

I have stages like this. I have the same dress also in multiples.

FedglingFTB Sat 18-Mar-17 22:08:32

I love multiple buying, its nigh on impossible for clothing though, esp with fast fashion. I have one dress in 4 colours... I'd have bought more if they had them.

Equally I have not bought something because one of the colour ways was not available in my size. All or nothing!

TeaAddict235 Sat 18-Mar-17 22:37:18

i've done this for makeup!

I've bought 2 or 3 of a lipstick or eyeshadow that I've thought was brill and wouldn't be around forever. I've always been pretty ashamed of it tbh.

TeaAddict235 Sat 18-Mar-17 22:39:29

I've also bought either conditioners or shower gels when on holiday in bulk, e.g. Le petit marseillais huile d' amande and then rationed myself for months or years.

JaceLancs Sun 19-Mar-17 09:14:06

My weakness is classic shape cashmere knitwear

QueenofLouisiana Sun 19-Mar-17 09:45:42

Make up and skincare here. Aldi's mineral powder (4 pots- they rarely seem to have it in store), Lidl's moisturiser (3 jars- French, don't have a Lidl near me in the UK).

I don't know if the fact that it's so well priced and I still hoard it makes things even worse!

CoolCarrie Sun 19-Mar-17 14:55:12

Its fine to buy make up and perfumes in bulk imo. Just take a look at a recent thread about discontinued stuff, especially perfumes. As long as you don't open the make up until you need it, , keep it in dry cool places, not the bathroom, then it's going through last.

AgeingArtemis Sun 19-Mar-17 15:39:00

Not style and beauty related at all, but I have just bought 11 (yes 11) packets of dried papaya. They are normally 2.99 for a 250 gram packet (which I am extremely addicted too and eat at least 1 packet a week) but they were on sale for 60p so I bought the whole lot in the shop grin Sell buy date is a year away, I checked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now