Talk

Advanced search

M&S bra fitting

(9 Posts)
triskele Sat 18-Mar-17 15:32:28

I've lost 4 stone. Went to M&S to get measured. She measures me bigger than I was 4 stone ago - says am 42G.

I did not buy a bra!

After hearing about the bra intervention thingy on here I measured myself - 34G.

I then went to the magic bra lady at the local independent shop who just looks at you at knows and she said 34G. Tried one, bought it - I feel like a new woman!

I'm just about WTF re M&S. I have heard it's well known they are bad but seriously, how many sizes wrong can they get!?

ilovecherries Sat 18-Mar-17 16:34:13

They are truly awful at bra fitting. They tried to put my very slender daughter (30E/F) into a 36A.

MissGoggins Sat 18-Mar-17 16:36:37

Great heads up! Thank you

JennyOnAPlate Sat 18-Mar-17 16:37:24

They are utterly crap with bra measuring. For some bizarre reason they add 4 inches onto your measurement. I think it's probably because they don't stock large cup sizes so they get round this by increasing the band size, and can then sell more bras.

LittleIda Sat 18-Mar-17 16:38:08

M&S did a great job with fitting a new bra for me yesterday. I'm happy with the fittings they do at my local store.

Shamoffour Sat 18-Mar-17 16:52:47

They are awful. I just don't get why they measure so badly and use such an old fashioned way of measuring.
I used to rate john Lewis but when I took dd there she measured 29 and the woman suggested trying a 34!

triskele Sat 18-Mar-17 17:44:32

I admit that I have been back to the shop this afternoon to buy 2 more bras in the correct size as I do like them- when the right size!

KatharinaRosalie Sat 18-Mar-17 19:44:54

on the other hand, you could wrap the 42 bra around you twice and hook in the front grin

IvorHughJarrs Sat 18-Mar-17 19:48:41

When my daughter was young and just developing I took her to M&S for her first bra fitting. The woman explained measure under bust, add 4, measure widest part, difference determines cup, etc. She then measured under bust and widest part and worked out DD needed a minus cup size! What should have been a nice experience became quite stressful so we have never been back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now