Talk

Advanced search

Rosehip oil & white bed linen = a terrible idea

(10 Posts)
NomDePlumeReloaded Sat 18-Mar-17 14:20:28

Am I the only one who has ruined lovely white bed linen with orange stains from Rosehip oil?

This is sort of a good housekeeping crossed with S&B. The top of my duvet cover and my pillowcase (from my face, neck and chest). It is lovely on my skin but a disaster for my bedclothes. I wash my sheets on the hottest wash I can (they shrink at 90) and use a good bio washing powder, whitening sheet & soda crystals in wash, but still the ghost of Rosehip haunts my bedroom. Arghhhh.

I use the cold pressed version from Fushi and really like it. I have the Ordinary one but haven't tried it yet. Is there a better one from a staining POV or are they all much the same if they are 'pure' rosehip?

ggirl Sat 18-Mar-17 14:34:37

bummer

sorry no ideas except dying the linen to match?

NomDePlumeReloaded Sat 18-Mar-17 14:35:30

Orange bedlinen?! shock

TomHardyOvulationConundrum Sat 18-Mar-17 14:36:34

I use the Ordinary one and have white bedlinen. I haven't noticed any staining but I only use literally a couple of drops on top of moisturiser.

Losgunna Sat 18-Mar-17 14:39:02

If it's pure white could you try a bit of vanish for whites? Or soaking in very diluted bleach solution? (perhaps just spot treat the orange bits?)

ggirl Sat 18-Mar-17 14:40:18

lol @ orange bedlinen ....call it dusky peach ..or skin coloured wink

grannycake Sat 18-Mar-17 14:51:01

I also use the ordinary oil and have had no staining. Again I only use a drop or so

pseudonymity Sat 18-Mar-17 19:36:44

I have this, it has stained my white company bed linen, pillows, and my £275 silk filled duvet shock

CaoNiMartacus Sat 18-Mar-17 20:11:12

Busy-patterned bed linen is the way forward grin

MooMinCow Sat 18-Mar-17 21:30:33

I use the Pai one and have had no issue with staining. Are you applying it close to bedtime or earlier? I tend to cleanse my face as soon as I get home and apply my oil then so it has a good 3-4 hours to absorb into the skin before bedtime. I find 2-3 drops plenty, sometimes followed up by a night cream to seal it in.

A silk pillowcase might help also

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now